Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I wanna color with Josh. *pouts*

Fear not, children, for I am back.

I know you're all thrilled. But lately, if you are not a.) a forensics show with an obscenely hot cast, b.) a pillow, or c.) an advance copy of Awake that I paid thirty six dollars for in order to arrive on time and is still not here yes it is Wednesday thank you for asking, I don't care about you . Really. I'm at the end of my rope. Five weeks exactly. I've already picked out two geography days that I'm clearly not going to be attending (POTC 2 release date and day before Thanksgiving. Who the hell goes to class on the day before Thanksgiving???), and that's making me happy.

(Not as much as the Happy Feet trailer, which I love like whoa and watch occasionally just to perk up.)

So yeah. That's why you haven't had an entry. You all can take that up with your respective therapists at another time.


Meanwhile, I've got serious obsessing to do. I was at Target at eight o'clock yesterday morning because I was convinced that my real copy would not arrive (it hasn't), and I clearly could not lag behind the rest of the world (I couldn't) and needed to secure a copy immediately (I did).

Oh, it's good. I love them all, especially February Song, In Her Eyes, and Now or Never. Lots of English on this one, too, which is disconcerting at first because I'm used to not understanding most of his songs. I think there are three or four Italian songs and then one Spanish one, but the rest are in English. I'm not wasting any time with You Are Loved or Solo Por Ti, because I've been listening to them for a month already and clearly just need to obsess over the new ones.

No, I don't have a problem, thank you very much. *sniff*

He's not doing as much press as I would like, though. I mean, I'd like him to get a talk show just so I could watch him every day, but still. He was on GMA this morning, with his parents (how cute is that???) and he's on Regis and Kelly on Friday. I'd stay home but I have a psychology discussion that's worth points. Tyrants.

Ooh, mail just came. Must go check it.

~~Two Minutes Later~~

GAH!!!!!!! IT CAME!!!!!! *is dead from the joyous happiness* Totally worth spending fifty dollars for an extra song. Pssh.

In other news, I voted for the first time yesterday!!! Except the primary. Doesn't count. And almost everyone I voted for...lost. Oh well. We all knew who was going to be governor. Frankly, I was amazed about the attorney general. Happy, because he was my one winner, but still. And the marriage amendment passed.

Also, our "war on terror" referendum SUCKED. It was practically, "Do you want terrorists to win?" Sheesh. I wanted something concise, like if we should pull the troops out of Iraq. Grandpa got that one, and it send him into such a commitment phobic tizzy that he had to leave it blank. This is the man who has been saying things like, "We'll find those pictures when things settle down," since the Reagan administration. The freaking Soviet Block has settled down since then. I'm pretty sure our family never had to rebuild several nations (not very well *cough*Ukraine*cough*).

And then this morning, Rumsfeld "quit". Hmmm. I'm not saying it has anything to do with the fact that we totally got our asses whupped and now there's a practically literal mob at the White House and Bush is going "Oh, *fine*. Maybe we'll just *talk* about the Iraq thing now, okay?", but I totally am.

Meanwhile over at people.com, it's all Britney all the time. People, please. A little dignity? Says the girl with two different copies of Awake that she won't let out of her sight. *ahem*

We leave you today with a penguin. Have a nice evening. (CSI:NY Spoiler Alert-click and drag: Mac's stepson stalks Stella. Que est-ce???)

2 comments:

rockford said...

Thanks for the update and I am so happy for you that the second cd came - the dvd part was worth it, wasn't it???? How could you get by not knowing that little background infor to "Awake" --- so, what is with the tour dates....may you need to miss another day of school if there is a presale???? Glad you enjoyed CSI - I watched it my usual way-i.e. I have no idea what happened except for what I catch from the comments of you and Imladris - and I'm in the same room - not easy to do!!! Go finish - or continue, I guess, obsessing and enjoy!!!!!!

CMT said...

Ahhhh Happy Feet.