Sunday, November 19, 2006

Post Pre-Sale Update

Boo-yah. I'm going to see Josh in 96 days. On the floor. First section. That's right. My world makes sense again. It did not, however, make much sense when I was trying to get into the site (which had crashed) and was trying to stave off a nervous breakdown (didn't really work) and turned to lots and lots of coffee and chocolate chip cookies and swearing to calm self down (I believe I told my little brother to shove his video game system up his ass...I think).

But all is well, and I have tickets. Yay!!!


What else to talk about? School sucks, work kind of sucks, and I'm dying of a cold. I don't have time for a cold. So I am instead preferring to self-medicate, and spend half an hour in the aisle at Target trying to figure out which would be better, NyQuil sans decongestant or Robitussen with decongestant but without the comfortable familiarity of my beloved NyQuil. In the end, we decided that being decongested was more important than brand loyalty, and went with the Robitussen, which promises nighttime relief of all of my symptoms and indeed many more.

But for now we're doing the DayQuil/allergy medication/cough drops/whatever else I grabbed from the cabinet, and am in a lovely hazy sort of runny-nosed stupor. Meanwhile, I haven't eaten since eight-thirty, I'm not hungry, and colors seem so much brighter...


Tee-hee. Sharpies. I love shapries. We have now used them to color in the dents in the furniture. Really, we're not white trash. But sometimes your entertainment center needs a little bit of sprucing up after seven years of abuse from a a Lego-weilding pre-teen.

I like Sharpies more than people right now. I had to work last night, which was okay because at least we were busy, which is a startlingly different sort of feeling. But apparently, rather than advertising live music, we put out a flyer inviting every bitch in the county to come on in.

Bitch #1 ordered a half pound of beans and was irate when I informed her that we only sold them in the little bags and there wasn't really anything I could do about that. She then returned her cappuccino because it was too watery (there is no water in a cappuccino) and demanded another one.

Bitch #2 asked for a definition of every single item on the board and made sure that I knew she liked sweet drinks before finally settling on an egg nog latte. I made sure she knew this was just a latte made with egg nog, thus it might not be sweet enough for her. She said she knew that. So I made the drink.

Well, this was, of course, not correct. "What kind of milk did you use?" "Whole and egg nog." "Oh. Don't you have soy? I'm lactose intolerant."

How, pray tell, the hell was I supposed to know that??? So I informed her that the egg nog (which comprised half of the milk, btw) was also milk moron. She said that wasn't enough to irritate her (???) and that I should also put in extra shots of vanilla. Now, both soy and vanilla cost extra, and she refused to return the drink she didn't want, and gave it to her husband. So they had like four dollars worth of stuff that they didn't pay for. I didn't really care, because I totally just wanted them to get the hell out of there.

But then I finish the drink (the soy and vanilla one), and she demands that I put extra vanilla in her husband's drink (the one that I just let them have).

No. So I told them very politely that there was no way I'd be allowed to do that and perhaps they should just go...*ahem*. Grrr. People bug me.

And then today I had one customer the first two hours. And made .81 in tips. Which I left there because I really, really wanted to leave. *sigh*

But the opportunity to see my bosses fighting over who was hotter- Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan and listing the hottest Bonds was totally worth it. Not terribly intellectually stimulating, but still. :D

I'm going to fail French. *tear*

3 comments:

CMT said...

Daniel Craig. Definitely Daniel Craig.

Damn, what a bitch. I had no idea there actually WERE people like that.

rockford said...

Whoa - sounds like they were all out for you during that one shift - did they bring them by bus or do they travel alone??? How can you have the nerve to ask for something to be added to a drink you refused to pay for???? that really give tacky new meaning!!!! Oh well, this is a job and I guess a lesson on the down side of human nature --- but you have TICKETS!!!!!!!! Life makes sense!!!!!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Your cousin Tim is taking French, in an effort to improve himself intellectually and to full fill his language requirment so he can mold young minds one day. That is, until, his advisor stopped him in the hall and told him that Reverend Doctor Ernest and the Kentucky General Assembly changed a law. Anyone teaching in the state of Kentucky must know Spanish. He forgot to tell Tim that. One wasted semester.
Yo quiero Taco Bell?