Monday, March 21, 2005

Free Half Hour

Praise be to God! We had a quiz in political science and we could just leave after we finished. So I've got thirty-five minutes before my next class- like as long as my traditional break early this morning. A welcome respite. And it's not like the quiz was even that stressful, because we can use our book and notes, so I didn't even have to study. It's a win-win situation! I love that class! Except for the fact that I have to write a term paper on the "Rise of Communism in Tsarist Russia". Actually, I think that title is misleading, because communism didn't realy rise in tsarist Russia, it rose after the Bolshevik revolution, when the last tsar, Nicholas II and his family were killed in 1918 (although his youngest daughter runs a pastry shop in Rhode Island...). Then communism rose, and stayed until 1991, so I think the prof named the subject incorrectly. It can't be tsarist Russia if there is no tsar, now can it? Either way, it looked like the most intesting option, mainly because the only other subject I could even understand the sufferage in the United States, and I was not going to write a ten page feminist manifesto. I mean I'm happy I can vote and everything, but let's all let it go, okay? And, excuse me, I like to be taken care of! If my husband wants to go and make enough money for me to live in the standard to which I think I should be accustomed (and of course he will, because he will be a Very Important Heart/Thoracic Surgeon...hehehe), then I'd be more than happy to stay home and take care of the kids and make dinner. No, I don't want somebody telling me that I can't get an education, or a job, or do whatever I want, but in the United States that doesn't really happen any more! More women graduate from college than men, and they hold all sorts of high positions in the government and private organizations. The only reason that we haven't had a female President yet is that there hasn't been a qualified candidate up yet. I'm not going to vote for a woman just because she's a woman and supposed "understands my issues" if she's just going to screw up the country. Yeah, that was my roundabout way of saying that I didn't want to write on that topic. :) But tsarist Russia sounds fun- at least it's an interesting time period, and it's not due until the end of the semester, and it's not that long, so I'm not too worried. And I can always ask Imladris for info, because she's like a human encyclopedia when it comes to the tsars. Or the British monarchy. Or any monarchy, when you think about it.
But maybe I won't, because she was being particularly creatively mean this weekend. Lots of little Alan quips. "He can be like a big brother to Dad", "He can eat prunes with your toddlers, because they both have trouble with food", "You'll never have park far away again"...things like that. I know I'm encouraging her, but somebody requested them, and I do think they're funny. Love ya, imladris...although I'm always nice about the guys that you like. I'm like a little angel. ;) Yeah...

Ooooh, less than twenty-four hours until "Finding Neverland" is released on DVD!!!!!! *does snoopy dances* Johnny. In a hot suit. With really good hair. Killer hair. As a lover of children (no, not like that- it's a dramatization...). How great is that???? I think he should just start wearing period clothes all the time, because he looks so good in them. I mean, come on, would anybody really notice? His fashion sense is already quite unique!! Gah, I love him so much!!!

Oh, and Flapfest took place in Vegas on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not in attendence. (Grrr.), but I heard that it was great. I guess his parents showed up for the meet and greet, and he was really funny throughout the show. The Flappers were going to give him a shirt with just one button on it, but I don't know if they did.

Oh, and I think we should get a llama- I almost laughed and said "It's a Grobanite thing" last night when the vet suggested it (in a rather long, complicated event involving hitting a coratid artery and blood all over- not great).

No comments: