Friday, August 29, 2008

I feel old.

I helped my sister move into the dorms today, or rather I sat in the lobby because eleventy jillion people in a teensy weensy little suite? Maybe not so much fun and also may spook the roommate.

And while I was sitting in the lobby watching the masses of heavily eyelinered, skinny jeans-wearing, slouchy incoming freshmen, I noticed several boys wearing the same (heinous) outfit.

Apparently, it's considered attractive for young men to wear sleeveless t-shirts with the sides cut out. Like, really, gone. There was just a band around the waist. I saw like sixteen different boys wearing a shirt like this, and it absolutely astounded me.

I have never seen it before. I have missed and ENTIRE trend. I am only 20, and these kids today are completely not even consulting me long enough to mock, for heaven's sake. (Much like I did with the boys-wearing-girls pants trend. Grow up, Pete Wentz. You're going to be a father.)

So now I'm old. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!!!! You're 20 and don't understand a trend.....imagine how someone a bit older than 20 feels when looking at some outfits!!! Since I am coming off a week of intense what is and isn't the "Disney Look" I now look at these interesting fads and simply say....."that is not the Disney Look".....My spawn had a haircut prior to leaving town and needed another in Florida because his hair didn't pass the "Disney Look" test....that would be the hair that was shorter than it had EVER been!!! If you want to have your faith in your generation restored just head to Disney....wonderful 20 year olds like yourself are the majority down there...not the minority!!!

CMT said...

I feel sooooo bad that I forced you to sit there for like eight hours! *begs forgiveness* I miss you!