Friday, August 22, 2008

Wakeup with Morena.

It's really early. And Morena is not amused.

I was going to get up and go to Mass this morning, which isn't the part I'm annoyed with. I wanted to, 7:30 really isn't that early, I could, in theory, go to the church closer to my house that is later if I didn't have an irrational aversion to all churches but mine and feel like they were playacting the Mass, blah blah.

No, my issue is with the fact that I could get NO sleep last night. It was eleventy jillion degrees in my bedroom (and we know I can't open the windows and let in all those serial killer hacker people who are TOTALLY waiting in my front yard, confounded only by our cheap windows), and I slept probably like an hour. At least until quarter after five, when I fell asleep.

You can imagine that when my alarm went off at 5:45 I really could care less about the American Heart Association's recommended daily exercise advisement. They, frankly, could go screw themselves.

Of course, my lovely little graduated alarm thing doesn't turn off that easily and woke me up for good nine minutes later, by which point someone who shall remain nameless announced they were going out in public without brushing their teeth and then, well, after that the nausea kept me away.

So. I'm going to go shower my unellipticalled self and BRUSH MY TEETH BECAUSE I AM A CIVILIZED HUMAN BEING.

Have a lovely morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that some of my children did in fact pick up the cleanliness habits that I was teaching for all of those years -- why did I try so hard??? Was no one listening???? I am sure that the folks at church were glad for my lessons:) BTW, I miss the other comments on the blog - Mickey must return home soon, although dinner at the Brown Derby does sound like fun!!!

CMT said...

I brush my teeth.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I'm missed.dinner at the brown derby was Great!! From Mickey