Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sometimes I amaze even myself.

Oh internets. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. Possibly even less that my sister, who apparently ate her weight in carnie curds and I'm convinced some bootleg Mike's Hard Lemonade because she was buzzing when she got home this afternoon.

No, internets, today I spent twelve hours in bed, read two books, and went to Mass. Um. Yeah. You know when people say they experiment in college? I don't think I'm going to have any of those stories. I experimented with what shirt to wear? That's about all.

I've even fallen off the LSAT/GRE wagon. And let me tell you, three hours at a wake and then another three at a post-funeral party having every friend of your mother's that you haven't seen in ten years ask, "So! What are you doing now?" doesn't actually force you into decision-making. It actually makes it more confusing. I was rotating stories by Monday night. Odd numbered people got law school, evens got history professor. Occasionally I threw in a "Oh, I work Wisconsin Ave? By the river?" for fun. But only people I didn't like.

I'm kidding. In no way did I tell anyone at my grandfather's funeral that I was hooker. At the party after? With booze. Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that what you were telling people at my house? NO wonder we are out of the blue drink!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You did NOT report to any of my friends that you worked the avenue!!! How happy that would have made Grandpa!!! I do like the odd/even breakdown though!!! No one asked me those questions about you - maybe you had already given them a hooker story:(