Sunday, July 24, 2005

17 Things I Did NOT Need to Know...

Pay no attention to the title...unless you were on the boat with us on Friday, you wouldn't get it. And I can't really explain it, because that would just be nasty. Suffice to say that all men are gross, even those I so lovingly call Daddy and John. Whatever...

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. It seems like whenever I'm able to write, somebody's on the computor (yes, mother dearest, I realize that you are only comfy in this chair...). I haven't really been busy, but it feels like it. You know how it can all of a sudden it can be two o'clock in the afternoon and you have no idea how the time was spent?

I've been reading Six Wives, this super good book by some guy whose name I forgot about the six wives of Henry VIII (surprising, I know). I'm only halfway through Anne Boleyn, but that's like three quarters of the way through the book, because Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn get like six hundred pages and the last four are shoved into the last hundred. Which I don't think is entirely fair, because they were important too. Like Catherine Howard- she was and interesting little adultering whore!!! And Catherine Parr survived him- that deserves fifty pages at least. Anyhoo, it's a really good book.

I did go out for coffee this week with Mary, just before she left. Sadness. We'll miss you, Mary!!! And she doesn't even have a cell phone, like I did while I was in Cleveland. Oh well, she is housing the poor and all that...so I guess it's worth having her gone for a week. But it seems like summer is almost over and it just started. Especially since I found out my sister doesn't start school until September 7th!!! Like a week and a half after me. Bugger.

Speakinging of stuff I was supposed to do with Mary and the like (okay, we really weren't but whatever), I saw The Island yesterday. Sorry, Mar, you're on your own for this one. The trailer made it look intersting and fun and not at all what it was- long, uninteresting and kind of upsetting. I mean, the whole clone thingy really freaked me out more than I thought it would. Human beings going through some kind of twisted gestation in what appeared to be giant fake breasts??? Not fun. And that whole first part seemed like it was two hours long and really boring and then they started blowing things up, which went on for like another hour that felt like three. Ugh. Even Machete Boy couldn't redeem this picture, and that's sad.

So now I'm just sitting here waiting for my mom to get home with breakfast and watching Blow Out on Bravo. This show is frickin hilarious. That Jonathon Antin is crazy. The whole show is him going "Oh my God, you guys, I think I'm going to cry!!! F---!!!! I'm not gay!!!" I think somebody is overcompensating... Funny, though. This is actually the first time I've actually watched the show, because everytime I see it in the TV section I think it says Blow Dry, and then I think "Oh my gosh, Alan's going to be on TV?!?!?!?!" before realizing that it's just that show on Bravo. And then I get a little bit sad. :(

Going to go stare out the window and wait for my doughnut...

1 comment:

mi_morena said...

doughnut was tasty---always tasty!!!