Sunday, July 03, 2005

My Crazy Life

No, not the E! show, where washed-up "celebrities" talk about how they got in a traffic accidnet ("And then I like HIT him!!!! *giggle*"), but rather an update that I couldn't think of a name for. Whatever. Today I have a laundry list of things to discuss, ranging from Josh to Sandra Day O'Connor.

First off, I spent all afternoon watching the Live 8 concert on MTV and sometimes simultaneously listening to radio feed from Philadelphia on AOL. And with the exceptions of Bon Jovi doing "It's My LIfe", which is one of the few rock-like songs I enjoy, and Sir Paul, there wasn't a whole lot of interesting stuff going on. I think the starving children in Africa got bored after a while. Mainly because Josh was in Philadephia doing a beautiful, hauntingly sweet duet with Sarah McLaughlin on "Angels" (although, honestly, if Sarah had just shut up a little, it would have been good...) and NOBODY SHOWED IT!!!!!!!! I had to go find it today on the internet (FYI, you can see it at this link: http://myweb.cableone.net/rkjlc/media&20;.html, Nay's Josh site...just don't hotlink...it's rude!!!) Anyhoo, he did beautifully- I love that song and Josh made it even better. I think he should consider putting something like it on his next album. Not that anybody asked me.

Much like nobody asked Madonna how to solve the world's problems. Now, I like the idea of this concert, and it was great at getting out awareness and everything, but Madonna was up there going on and on about how this was totally going to change the course of history because now the whole G8 Summit was going to go totally differently and all those little world leaders were going to forgive all the debt and come out hugging. Hmmm. Now, they didn't call me or anything, but I sincerely doubt that when Blair, Bush, Putin, and five other important guys whose names I don't know (Canada? Come on- you've got no identity!!!) get together the first thing they do is sit down and go "Okay, boys, who heard Madonna yesterday? She had some good ideas I think!" They're like running the world!!!! You wear traffic cones strapped to your chest!!! Not the same thing!!! Sheesh. Madonna bugs me.

Speaking of running the world and other powerful positions, Sandra Day O'Connor announced that she was resigning yesterday. The sad thing was, Bennifer II's wedding overshadowed it on the internet. Scary. I don't pretend to be knowledgable enough in the legal world to venture a guess as to who will be replacing her, but as long as he or she isn't a turncoat bastard like Souter, I'll be happy!!! :)

Let's see, what else is going on??? Oh, Cleveland. Right. You know, on those stupid men's deoderant commercials they say that scent is the strongest scent tied to memory. I don't know how that affects Old Spice sales, but I completley believe it. In March when we were there I walked into the hospital and was flooded with that awful feeling of being twelve years old and sitting on the floor of St. Luke's again. And it wasn't pleasant. And I've got a week of it coming up.

I'm not ready at all. I just broke down yesterday and bought some short-sleeved shirts. And then spent a ton of money on not-fun stuff like shampoo. Yay. That's exciting. Why is everything so expensive???? Grrr....

One final thing---Charlie and the Chocolate Factory comes out next Friday!!! And Johnny's on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week!!!! Albeit with false teeth, lavender (????) contact lenses and a bob, but whatever. Still hot!!!! Gotta go, but I'll update soon.

Why does no one comment on my posts anymore??? I'm feeling unloved. ;)

1 comment:

mi_morena said...

hehehe...thanks so much for replying!!! I know it's hard for you to type, and you really don't have to...I can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory---I do love me some crazy Johnny!!! ;)