Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lonliness and Jane Austen

I'm homesick. I know I shouldn't be, because I'm only in Cleveland, and I've only been gone for four days, but I miss my life and my friends. Last night when I was down in the cafeteria I turned on my cell phone to check if anybody had called, and I almost started crying when I heard the message from one of my friends. It's not like it was a sad message, pretty much just a "I'm really bored, give me a call" thing, but it made me feel really lonely to know that she was at home nine hours away and I was standing in a cafeteria in Ohio. And this damn place doesn't clean your room more than three times a week---ever been in a hotel room with five people that hasn't been cleaned in awhile??? I'm just gonna let your little brains imagine that for a moment. Yeah.

Things are going well, though. Grandpa had surgery on Friday and came out just fine. We kind of lost him, because everybody we spoke to seemed to think he was in a different place. So after close to five hours and probably two miles of transversing the hospital, my mom, sister, and I finally found him. You could follow the bloody footprints that I left to verify this. In retrospect, the sandals with sharp, tight straps probably weren't the greatest idea. But I'm a shoe whore, what can I say. Seriously, I'm bleeding. I look down at my feet and think I've been abused.

So yeah, other than that, things are pretty boring. I got another ringtone on my cell phone, so now The Phantom of the Opera is my alarm tone. Hehehe...who doesn't want to wake up to Gerry serenading you with "The Phatom of the Opera is there...inside your mind!!!!"???? (This is my Copacabana...except with way more sex appeal...)kk They also had Point of No Return, but it wasn't the intersting, completely non-metaphorical part about all-consuming fires and opening
flowers...therefore wasn't worth $2.59. This is pretty good, though. :) Oh, and my sister and I watched Sense and Sensibility on the laptop last night after we got back the hotel. Even sitting on a creaky rollaway bed with some stupid Cartoon Network show on in the background, it's still the best movie ever made. And no, not just because of Alan. That's part of it...but not everything. Although I really could have done without my sister pointing out every one of his gray hairs throughout the whole damn movie... ;)

Speaking of Jane Austen, I read The Jane Austen Book Club sitting in a waiting room yesterday, and everyone must go read it. Aside from the Sense and Sensibility chapter where they repeatedly refer to Col. Brandon as dull and suggest that Marianne was essentially sold to him by her sister and mother. Clearly, this was not the case. Marianne was being a stupid, immature, rude bitch for the first three quarters of the book and that was why she didn't see Col. Brandon and immediately run into his arms (gray hair aside). It took a run in with that bastard Willoughby and a brush with death for her to realize that Bradon was the only guy who had loved her through everything, even when she was galavanting around town with the guy who knocked up his quasi-step-daughter. Sheesh. Darn, my blog is being a bitch and won't let me go any further...I should go back to the hospital anyway. I'll try to update again tonight if I'm not too tired...

4 comments:

CMT said...

J'adore Col Brandon. I wish stupid bloating middle-aged unhappy bitter lonely cynics who are only trying to mask their subconscious yearning for him would stop being so negative and ruin his wonderfulness for the rest of us.

mi_morena said...

Is somebody starting to like Col. Brandon???

Racergirl179 said...

WE MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! COME HOME SOON!!!!!!!

mi_morena said...

AWWWW----so sweet!!!! I want to come home too!!!