Sunday, July 17, 2005

Johnny Rocks!!!!!

Made it back from Cleveland---everything is going well and I'm thrilled to be sleeping in my own bed. Although the air conditioning isn't on as much as I'd like...that's one thing for my parents, whenever we're in a hotel they pretty much let me run the thermostat. Anyhoodles, I saw a movie on Friday night, and, as the title will attest to, Johnny rocks!!!!

Even with the face makeup and gay little bob thingy he's got going on in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, he is so undeniably perfect I could hardly stand it!!! The movie was kind of better than I was expecting it to be, actually. I've never read the book, and never saw the Gene Wilder version (I still say he's just ticked off because clearly he isn't hot enough for his version to be the definitive edition...), but I pretty much knew the story. It didn't strike me as a real kid movie, though. If I had a little one, I don't think I would let them see it...Tim Burton scared the hell out of me when I inadvertantly watched a Nightmare Before Christmas twelve years ago... but watching Johnny be so...well, Johnny was really fun. He's such a good actor- there were only a couple of times when I could see some of his other characters coming through- a little lip curl like Jack Sparrow or something he would say like Ichabod Crane... and a little Ed Wood, but I think that's only because he was acting so effeminate. I guess Tim Burton brings out Johnny's kind of freaky side...

My favorite quote- "Even I'm eatable. And that, my dear children, is called cannibalism and is in fact frowned upon by most societies!" :)

And it's number one at the box office this weekend- beat Wedding Crashers by twenty three million. Ha. Johnny in makeup with fake teeth and lavender contact lenses can take on Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. I love it. So go see this movie---SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hint: Go to a nine o'clock or later showing so that you don't have to deal with all those unfortunate preteen Johnny fans who you just want to say "Hon, you still have recesss. Get over him." Our crowd was mostly guys in their early twenties and a couple of older teenage girls. Much more managable.

2 comments:

CMT said...

'Lil girl????
Johnny rocks :)

mi_morena said...

:) I had such a good time, too!!!