Friday, October 07, 2005

2nd Post Today

And there will probably be more. I have an hour and a half with nothing to do. Except annoy you all. :)

Anyhoodles, art history was awesome. Maybe it was because it's Friday, and we turned in our super-freaky long papers that were bugging me, and that I had 16 oz. of caffeine in my system, but I think it was mainly that the whole class was pretty much devoted to Troy. Yes, the movie.

Okay, not really, but the whole class made me think about it. The first picture we looked at was a vase of Achilles killing some guy. Which, of course, made me think (and almost exclaim) "Take it, it's yours!!!!!!!!!!". Hehehe...

Then we did about ten slides on Odysseus, which made me first think about Colleen's hilarious blog post (it's been six months and I'm still laughing), and then pretty quickly we moved on to the upstanding, warm and cuddly Odysseus, which, as I'm sure Colleen and Mary could attest too, led to twenty minutes of fun little fantasies. *sighs*

And finally we saw a picture of Pericles, who was wearing those Greek helmets that Brad Pitt sported in Troy. And the prof even brought it up, because her daughter was in the room while she was putting the powerpoint together, and said that the picture looked just like Brad Pitt. :) Which, of course, made me think of, "I know this is wrong, but...". Although I'm not entirely sure how this little girl knew it looked like Brad Pitt in Troy, because she's only like nine, but whatever. Still good

And this doesn't have anything at all to do with Troy or Odysseus, but it was funny. The prof was telling this hilarious story about how she went to Florence with her best friend when they were in college, and they went to see the David. Well, I can't really repeat the whole thing, but it was hilarious... Suffice to say that the prof was standing there in awe, and her friend suggested that maybe the statue wasn't quite as anatomically accurate as it could be and therefore maybe shouldn't be quite as revered. Okay, you kind of had to be there, but it was so funny.

Okay, gonna go be serious for a moment and finish Latin...yeah, or not...

Watch for something up on TV Watch in the next hour, okay???

No comments: