Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Between the womb sounds and the heartbeat, it was like being in mom's uterus but without all the smoke.

Obsessively checking iTunes. Josh's new song is not up. Considering buying it through the UK iTunes site and seeing just how badly that would screw things up. Hey. I spent thirty-six dollars for an extra-special fan club edition of Awake that includes essentially one extra song. I never said I was normal.

Boo. It won't let you do that. As soon as you sign in it kicks you back to the US. Bugger.

Much frenzied posting on the FOJG boards. The Grobanites are NOT to be screwed with. *sniff*
This is also a fantastic way to avoid doing the geography assignment due in our tediously boring discussion tomorrow. I really don't care about Taiwan, in fact, I'm fairly certain that if pressed I could recall little about it except a general idea about where it was located. And the actual discussion is far from---a group of painfully shy students with dangerously low blood sugar (class is during the lunch hour) and a TA with a modulated I-taught-English-to-little-Japanese-kids-and-this-is-how-I-had-to-talk voice. Oh the fun we have.

Actually, in a completely unforseen turn of events, French is turning out to be the best hour of the day. Not in the I-can't-believe-I'm-getting-an-A way, becauses I'm totally not, but it's a really great group of students, and sometimes the professor (? I don't think she is, but she's not a TA, but that's not really important) is so adorably absurd everyone bursts into laughter. Last week she started pouting and went "Why is everybody so sad?" in this really thick Russian/French accent, and Mike and Megan and Mary and I looked at each other and could not help it.

Of course, I'll probably fail, but hey- I will have had fun getting there.


And clearly I have much better things to do with my time than geography.

*does extremely happy snoopy dances* Yay---another season!!! I can watch all the icky kinky dead body goodness at my leisure!!! And the second seasonw as so awesome---the whole doll thing, the roller derby, the No-seriously-Mac-with-a-kid??? episode, and, of course, the conclusion to the Miami/NY crossover. Franky, I think they should have included the first part, like they did with the first crossover episode when NY started. But they didn't. I don't care, because I have seven DVDs of CSI:NY and I don't think the birth of my first baby will make me as happy as this.

Hey. I'm *not* normal.

Ahh. Sleep. Sadly lacking from my life. I'd nap if I had any time in the afternoons. Which I don't. I can sleep on Saturday. Four days. I can do that.

Fun math class on Monday- we talked about Numb3rs and played Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. (Gosh can you tell it's the lowest possible for-credit math you can take???) Oh yeah, and the professor was TOTALLY kicking ass at Six Degrees. He connected Jim Carrey to Kevin Bacon using John Lithgow. John Lithgow??? Seriously. Dude's a total geek.

And any time I get credit for talking about hot FBI agents (sadly, my professor does not look like Don. Or even Charlie.) is a good day for me, no???


Just went to get the mail and found two letters from Concordia begging me to enroll. Will they never let me go? *dramatic sigh*

I'm going to go watch The View and then revel in the completely implausible attractiveness of the entire CSI cast. It's a good day, children, a very good day.

3 comments:

rockford said...

Sorry about the song - the grabanites may just attack - I'd be afraid of them if I were running iTunes -- it was bad enough when Barry's song was not up - I think a mad group of fanilows would be a pretty freighening thing too!!!! What's with trying the UK thing???? No wonder our computers sometimes get upset!!!! Glad you got your new season - I wish I could join in your thrill but I just get too grossed out by most of those episodes!!!! Also glad that french is entertaining - at least a bit!!! It helps the day to have something to look forward to - even if it is a small laugh - I'm so glad you have friends in that class.... thanks for the update-they are always appreciated!!!!

Arbiter-117 said...

Sorry that josh wasn't up, but you didn't have to half-kill me because I spent a little more time than I should have looking at foreign stuff that I enjoy looking at!
Good update, though.

CMT said...

GAAAA LOVE ACTUALLY