Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A discussion of Josh, Christian Bale, Alan Rickman, baseball, and Pope Paul V. Yes, we'll cover them all. Just read it, okay?

I hate to let Roma down this close to her mom's birthday, and it has been almost a week (Bad blogger! Bad!!!---even my inner creative goddess is self-critical bordering on masochistic), so I have resolved to give you an entry. Because I have a week of opinions and links and just general stuff than nobody really wants to hear about so they prefer to read about it instead. So there. I hope this keeps Roma interested in sub-saharan Africa while she's strapped to my sister's (the girl who just asked for my iPod because she refuses to excerise without her tunes) back. *smothered guffaw*

I'm tired. And hungry. And in need of glucose. I've had two cups of coffee, a cheese and herb bagel, and a pumpkin spice latte today. Not terribly balanced, and also not terribly filling. More balanced than my dinner last night, during which I behaved like a PMS-ing Kirstie Alley (the Look-Who's-Talking-Now years---not good, not good at all) and ate whatever chicken and rice thing my dad made that was left in the pan (I didn't feel like getting out a dish), the last little cheesy stick, a roll, two biscuits (I knew I was in it for the long haul, and didn't want to finish the rolls that other people eat. What Can I say? I'm a conscientious glutton), and little bit of cake. Oh. And a couple of cookies. It actually isn't as big as it sounds, it was just a lot of small packages of carbs.

And I'm the one in the family without any health problems. Heh.


Freakish number of tests recently. I think I did okay on psych, but geography was completely not about stuff than we talked about. And then I kind of didn't know the definition for globalization, so I just used a lot of big words in hopes of confusing the professor who is sadly lacking in any basic English grammar skills. I'm sure in Korea she was just the brightest thing ever, but not so much here.

So I have a couple of days to breath before another French "quiz" (I'm sorry. But when it's seven pages it counts as a test, all right?) on Monday. *sigh* I'm taking applications for both my father's kidney or lung (pay for next semester!!!) *and* for husband (minimum requirement: 400k in the bank and average income- not including bonuses- 100k annually---pay for the rest of my life!!!), and can be reached at 1-800-Desperate!!!

*For the husband applicants, major bonus points if you're over fifty and your cholesterol is over 250. But only if you're sans children, will (real or nuncupative), any trusts that might give some of MY money to charity, and/or testamentary capacity. I am not above resorting to intestacy. Fear not. As long as you don't have any children than don't share my DNA, I'll still get it all. :D

But don't worry, those of you who had the bad sense to reproduce before you met me. You will still be considered, but in this case you must have a current will and I must be notified of all forthcoming drafts and codicils. Unfortunately, marital property law has this stupid it's-not-mine-if-you-made-it-before-you-met-me-even-if-I'm-the-best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-you thing that applies to estate planning. Pssh. Whatever.


So TV has been awesome, lately, no??? Sorry about the lack of other-blog posts, but I hardly have enough time to keep this one up. Still, I'm loving the fact that I have so many unbelievably amazing shows to watch every single night!!! Although I am not pleased that the locusts are back. And this year they felled Justice, my New Favorite Show Ever. *tear*

Also on TV, not that I watch it because it must be up against something terribly important in my universe (ETA: Two and a Half Men and New Adventures of Old Christine), but The Bachelor is back for their 26th season or something and this time they managed to score a Borghese.

Which might be worth tuning in just to watch the whole group of Ph.D. candidate bacheloretts a.) try to figure out how to pronounce his name, b.) have to think back past Beverly Hills 90210, and finally c.) come to the slow realization that there is a massive difference between being a prince of Italy (not that there's been on since 1946) and an Italian prince. Hehehe.

Especially when one's claim to fame is a dubious "title" that was given by a dubious Pope in 1605 when nepotism was the only way to go (see: The entire Medici family), which is why his name is on the Vatican. I'm waiting for someone to realize this, because I find it absolutely hi-larious, and nobody is talking about it.

Major Josh news, y'all, or at least it was last week when I found out about it but was too busy to post. All hail the Awake artwork!!! Okay. The jeans look a teensy bit like mine. And I'm not fond of the belt buckle. But still. Gorgeous. 34 days. Whoo!!!

I come bearing lots of pictures from lots of movies that I totally ripped off someone's blog who I don't even know. But still...

Who knew that there were so many pastels pre-revolution? I sure didn't. I guess the whole archetypal proletariat uprising killed that. Too bad.

Okay. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want Scarlett Johansson's head on a platter. Or a stick. Just so long as it's no longer attached to her pretty little body so she can't star in any more movies with MY HUSBAND. Grrr.

Gosh. So many emotions. I'm confused, amused, and find this weirdly attractive, all at the same time. If that wasn't an early birthday gift for the Empress, I can't help her. ;)

So despite the fact that she bugged me to update, Imladris is excercising her royal power of a lowely Grand Duchess and wants the computor. But one more thing.

Nobody wants to take credit for Beowulf, but there's another taker for this??? Will the madness ever stop?

8 comments:

rockford said...

Ok, love the post but what is with the links --- where do you even manage to find these things and what language might that be????? I am so computer iliterate that everything I find just comes up English!!!! So, selling your dad piece by piece, huh??? Is that his punishment for no college fund???? Give him credit though - remember how long it took to own you free and clear!!!! The Josh album looks just great (don't worry, I'm not one of THOSE fans, even though I am close to the right age - it is the only thing except aarp that I am still too young for!!!) and, for your sake, I can't wait for it to come out!!!! Won't you have most of the songs by then anyway though???? Thanks for the update!!!!

mi_morena said...

The language, quite ironically I think, is Russian. ;)

This is the same site I had to go to to get the POTC trailer.

Arbiter-117 said...

OK, I am forbiding you to link to Russian websites. At least give a description of who these people are!! More Descroptive than just little clues. I could not understand anything on those sites!!!!!
*ahem* Anyways, good post, and I am sure that Roma will be pleased.

Racergirl179 said...

I would say it doesn't matter that much that house is being cast aside for like the next month, but I fear for my life so pretend that I didn't write that.

OMG OMG OMG!!! I totally didn't realize that it was so soon unitl the new Joshie CD comes out! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I gotta find somewhere to pre-order it! Otherwise Daddy gets to go on another fun filled tour of the city with me while I go from store to store to store looking for it!

CMT said...

Um, OK, IMPERIAL power.

And it would be very helpful if the husband you end up with would make provisions for his favorite niece ever so she doesn't have to go to the malaria-infested African girl's boarding schools and die, poxy, alone, and expatriated.

And yes, the Borgheses, while being undoubtedly illustrious, are of that ever-common Quasi-Royal strain (see: "Princess" Lee Radziwald) which is somewhere between the Rinaldis (their blood is faintly purple) and the Kennedys (OK, they're not blue-blooded at all, but they kill nineteen-year-olds and get reelected. Only kings and dictators can do that.)

Still, I'd marry one.

Borgheses, that is, not Kennedys, please. I'd rather die.

CMT said...

Zomg, I misspelled Radziwell. And I didn't even take Squishy Pills today.

John T Jurkiewicz said...

I kept looking for the part on baesbell. I never found it. Was it hidden in some sort of intelectual conundrum that goes above and beyond my understanding?

mi_morena said...

Oh, it was just a very short thing when I talked about my FOX shows going off this month for the World Series. In fact, I don't think I even called it anything but the plague...