Monday, October 30, 2006

Karen, I am a lawyer, which means, unlike you, I actually *passed* a bar.

Gah, so much has happened since I updated three weeks ago shut up, so I felt obligated. Well, that and I'm avoiding studying for a geography test that I'm totally going to bomb and don't really care about since I got a 97% on the last one whee!!! Don't flip out, parental units who are mostly paying for this higher education experience, I am actually going to take it seriously, and probably do quite well. Or at least mediocre.

Le anyhoodles, today we have many, many topics to discuss, including but not limited to the final (?) resolution to my academic crisis of faith, Christian Bale hotness, sexual impotence (doesn't have anything to do with Christian Bale, I don't think), and why the liberals should have their crayons taken away.

*ahem*

So French going tres poorly. As in, tres is the only word I really know. (Meanwhile, I can say "My name is..." in Russian till the cows come home!!!) So this morning, for some inexplicable reason, I decided that perhaps the arena of international affairs and their mandatory four semesters of a single foreign language and oh-yeah-you-have-to-totally-kick-ass-at-it-too thing wasn't, in fact, my life's calling. This led to a slight mental breakdown, since it has been my life's calling since I decided to marry a diplomat for quite some time now. Still, I recovered long enough to consider criminal justice for about twelve minutes (What? It was early and I was dehydrated and I was thinking about law school. It kinda makes sense. Sorta.). That didn't last long.

But then sometime today I had a total epiphany (probably brought on by the scary confusing French class at noon) and have decided to return to one of my earlier life goals and major in journalism with a focus on media studies, which is sufficiently intelligent to get into law school but sufficiently vague that I could get a job doing something else if I decide sinking a hundred grand into a degree I don't really want to use isn't for me (hey, the sad part is, it could go either way!!!) And- drum roll, please- no foreign language requirement!!! *does snoopy dances*

Also, I've decided on an educational philosphy of screw you all and your little dog too and I'm minoring in art history for no good reason. So there. *sniff*

No icons. Blogger hate.

Someone decided to arm all the bleeding hearts at my school with sidewalk chalk. And they should be shot, because I'm getting incredibly sick of walking over sixteen different "Vote No on November 7th" pleas scrawled all over the ground. Ugh. Honestly. As if anyone would make up their mind based on what some stoner wrote on the sidewalk. All you can talk about all day is how wasted you're going to be come Thursday (no, they don't wait until Friday) and I'm supposed to take your political advice.

Seriously though y'all, the Vote Yes/No debate is probably the only one where I actually agree wholeheartedly with my position (okay, I think they should have separated the two things, so maybe not even that). I'm not crazy about the candidate for governor, and I'm this close to voting for the other guy in the attorney general race, because our guy scares me just a little bit what with his shoot-all-the-foreigners-and-let's-all-conceal-and-carry rhetoric. (My sister's take on the gun control debate? "Wait. Would this mean I couldn't carry a cute little gun in my handbag???" I'm so proud.)

*sigh* The pressures of being politically active.

Picture icon here. It's not, but you should still picture it.

Saw bunches of movies last weekend, and they were all terrific. The Prestige=almsot too much creepy hotnes to handle. We lurves Christian Bale. I'm going to start reading the book now---looks wonderful.

And saw Marie Antoinette on Saturday, which was actually a way better movie than I thought it would be. Scarred Mary for life, though, with all the impotence stuff. She'll never be the same.

OMG, WHAT AM I GOING TO BELIEVE IN NOW!?!?!?! This is worse than the Golden Couple breakup. This was real, man. *tear*

Going to go fend off the mice.

2 comments:

CMT said...

Ok that was so not my take on the gun debate but whatevs.

Love the title.

And re: the update. ABOUT. FRICKIN. TIME.

Racergirl179 said...

Due to our conversation yesterday morning, I have come to a decision. As of right now, I am at least getting a history minor. I don't know about that major yet but hey a minor is better then nothing right now.

On a different note......

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE SEPERATING!!!!! The one Hollywood couple I liked is almost over!?!?! NO! Complete and utter sadness!