Saturday, February 02, 2008

Not as glamorous and it appears.

This morning I was standing at work, and a mom and her two daughters, probably about five and seven, came up and ordered hot chocolate and then went and sat at a table near the counter. I was eavesdropping when the mom goes, "Now, it's only 11, so should we go get our nails done now? Or go to lunch first?"

My day? Consisted of trying desparately to not kill the person I was forced to work with, not kill myself, and then go to Target to buy cortisone cream to get rid of this thing on my neck that looks like a hickey but isn't because that would imply that someone wanted to suck on my neck.

I almost started to cry.

But I didn't. It was Hug a Gay Day, I hugged my gay and felt a lot better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a gay to hug today!!!! I am sorry your day was bad but it made for a great blog:):):)

Anonymous said...

such decisions that poor mom and her daughters must make -- how do they handle the pressure.....I spent my day doing taxes, reliving the past year's medical procedures through bills and medication summaries and trying desperately to find some scholarships that either or both of you may be interested in----and no one wanted a hug - I guess because I don't know any gays that I can think of!!!! I think I want my nails done too.......:( Oh well, we have what really matters in life, right????:) {Sorry, don't know what got into me there for a second!!! Crabby comment time!!!! Sorry, sorry, sorry....I really don't need my nails done:)}