Friday, April 08, 2005

"Researching"

Uh-huh. I'm totally researching. It's not like I would be possible distracted up here in the library by coffee and muffins and people and big windows and all sorts of other stuff- like the entire internet screaming out "Come play with us- we're so much more interesting than the Bolshevik Revolution!!!" And it is---so much so. Yeah, see this is the "supervised research" portion of one of my classes. Except that we're all adults (as far as they know...), and the professor isn't here, so there's really nothing to keep me from doing something fun with this hour. In fact, I could just leave. Hmmm. No, silly idea. Because I'd really rather be here drinking coffee and writing senseless fluff about my life than wandering around campus worrying about the off chance that'd I'd run into my professor. Or the off chance that I'd care if I did! I'm such a bad student... ;) The one good thing about doing this research is that it really made me realize once again how much John Paul II really did for the world politically. Amazing, really. The downside, of course, is that the poor woman at the local library who has to check in all these books that I ordered is going to think I'm a nutcase. 'Lenin: A Biography', 'The Communist Manifesto', 'The Bolshevik Theory'---do these sound like normal books to you??? I'm nervous just checking them out! Actually, I'm more nervous because I racked up a massive fine by keeping the last two movies I rented out for like a week and now I have to pay it before I can check anything else. Maybe Vladmir and Karl can wait until I get paid again to come in...

I cannot wait for summer vacation. And I hate summer. That's how desperate I am. I really should figure out how many days are left...wait, that might be depressing it turns out to be large, black-hole type number. (Sorry, slipping into Bridget Jones-mode. Except for the Colin Firth part. Bummer.) Hehehehe...the British monarchs. :D They're so boring they have to hire friends!!! :D :D :D

No comments: