Friday, June 10, 2005

Graduation

My cousin is graduating from high school this weekend---which is a totally good thing, don't get me wrong. And I'm thrilled to death that I get to be there with him and everything, but it's going to be like hell (literally).

The auditorium was too small for the whole graduating class and their families, so they moved the graduation to the field house. Okay, I thought, that'll be fine---probably more room in there anyway. But there are no seats- just bleachers. I have to sit on bleachers for three hours with everybody and their grandma (literally) in a skirt. For three hours. On bleachers!!! But it's okay, I love my cousin, and it'll be fine.

Then my aunt calls yesterday. Guess what? The field house isn't air conditioned. And it's supposed to be eighty-five degrees. Hmmm. And you know that with that many people all in the same space it's going to be killer hot. What the hell does one wear to a three hour graduation when you have to sit on bleachers without air conditioning?!?!?! I supposed underwear would be inappropriate???

So now I have to find something to wear. I spent the whole morning looking through my closet and trying desperatly to find something cool to wear. I don't like my arms or my legs, and prefer that they are covered at all times---this makes finding summer formal wear slightly difficult. I have a skirt that's really cute, but I don't have anything cool enough to wear on top. Or I could wear one of my ponchos, which are really light and have enough holes that there's some air movement, but those don't go with a skirt, and I'm not entirely sure I want to wear black pants. Ugh.

So then I went to every store that I could get to in the alotted amount of time, and found absolutely nothing. I did see a little white camisole and cardigan set that would be kind of cute, but it was a little bit more than I wanted to spend. oh well, if push comes to shove...

I HATE SUMMER!!!!!!

3 comments:

mi_morena said...

Yay---cake!!! :) I'm sure it'll be fine---are we sure I look cute in that jacket???

Racergirl179 said...

WHERE IS MY UPDATE?!?!?!?! YOU PROMISED ME UPDATE!!!! I NO SEE IT!!! WHY?!?!?!?

mi_morena said...

Why are you shouting??? Sheesh...