Saturday, June 18, 2005

Stuff I Love this Week

A random list of things that have caught my attention this week.

Batman Begins- Even if watching two and a half hours of Liam Neeson's Himalayan House of Crazy doesn't sound like a good thing, go. Because you'll be watching two and a half hours of Christian Bale in Liam Neeson's Himalayan House of Crazy!!! And that, clearly, is worth almsot anything. (FYI, this is not the Christian that was arrested in New York for groping some woman. I just figured that out. Whew.)

X and Y, Coldplay- To be honest, I only bought this because it was on sale and I like saying I listen to Coldplay. Well, that and all the radio station I listen to will play is Speed of Sound. I guess the DJ has gotten over his Ashley Simpson fetish---all we heard for a good two weeks was Pieces of Me. Shivers. Anyhoo, this is a fantastic album, I love almost every song on it, which is a distinction only Josh Groban can claim. And then only his album Closer. I'm very picky. Whatever. Fix You and A Message are particularly good.

Frasier on DVD- The best sitcom of the nineties (yes, it was better than Friends. Just with less attractive people.) released its fifth season last Tuesday. This is the season where Roz has Alice, which is so adorable. While you're at it, go buy seasons one through four and eleven, too. Seriously, it's only going to run you around a hundred fifty. And they're hilarious!!

C'est la Vie, by Suzy Gershwin- Continuing with my travelogue phase, I finished this book early this week. It's about a woman from Connecticut who planned on living in Paris with her husband. Except her husband gets terminal cancer and dies. Bummer. But Suzy decided to go and live in Paris anyway, and then wrote this book. It's really good, as long as you skip the part about the Count of Monte Cristo, her quasi-boyfriend (ewww),

Josh on "American Dad"- Yes, my beloved Joshie is doing a Father's Day spot on the sister show of Family Guy. Otherwise known as the show even FOX thought was too inappropriate to be on the air. And remember, FOX is the network that brought you Monica Lewinsky in "Mr. Personality". Scary thought. Of course, I'll be watching. I'm such a puppet.

Bubble wrap- you can find it here (http://fun.from.hell.pl/2003-11-24/bubblewrap.swf). More fun that you'll want to admit.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes engaged- Part of me wants to go "You go!", because a guy I like is finally engaged to a woman close to my age, but a bigger part of me regrets that Tom Cruise will never, ever have any respect again. Mostly I just hate Katie Holmes,though. (See Batman Begins entry for further detail.)

People's 50 Hottest Bachelors issue- I mean, I'd be more thrilled if they had included hot guys like Gerard Butler instead of more of Orlando Bloom and Colin Farrell. And Johnny Depp. I mean, clearly, bachelor means not married. And as he doesn't love that woman enough to marry her, he is definatly one of the hottest bachelors. I did find my fallback soulmate though, in case this thing with Josh or Johnny doesn't work out. The co-founder of Google. Worth four billion. I just feel like we have a connection... ;)

2 comments:

Racergirl179 said...

Is he in it?! Is he in it?! I need to know if I have to go and buy it!

mi_morena said...

No, he's not in it. And don't you ever actually read my posts, rather than just looking out for your own interests?? Sheesh... :)