Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to School

I am now officially the upper cookie in an Oreo...according to my mother, who informed me of this as she was sobbing in the bathroom this morning. (She figures that freshman year is the lower cookie, and sophomore and junior years are the stuffing. I, being a senior, am now the other cookie. Get it? :) I don't really blame her, because today is going to be kind of stressful as it is, and her oldest starting senior year just kind of hit her. And then she started crying about how it's been thirteen years since she stood crying in my school parking lot as I started K-4...I love that she cares so much!!! :)

So yeah, I'm sitting here in the library with my traditional frappuccino and scone...which I know is so totally unhealthy, but I really don't care right now because I'm feeling faint and haven't had time to eat anything today. And I'm kind of worried. But that's a whole different story.

They did, however, grossly overcharge me for this frappuccino, as I really don't think the little bottle is worth $2.65. I may have to wait for another before they figure out their pricing plans...on the upside, the rest of the drinks seem to be cheaper as they switched from Starbucks to Alterra coffee brands. Yayness!!! Scones are still just as tasty, and the woman who was at the counter every blessed morning of last year was there this year too, so it was nice to see her again.

And, shocker of shockers, art history is really, really interesting! The woman is really nice, and funny, which is a quality that I've found to be seriously lacking in female professors that I've run into. It's like they're all bitter and barren and mad that you're not. She's wonderful, though. And I suppose I shouldn't have been that surprised, because I actually to love art. My favorite museum on the mall is the National Gallery of Art (a bummer because we always seem to make it there five minutes before they close. That damn geology exhibit we spend days at, but we never seem to have enough time for the art... ;))

So I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of the day...accounting is looking boring, but whatever.

Ciao!!! :)

2 comments:

CMT said...

Geology exhibits are a biotch. ;)

mi_morena said...

Awww...it is a wonderful thing!!! And I love air and monuments!!!