Tuesday, August 02, 2005

August?!?!?!?

Note: I was scanning my last post and realized that I answered the Trivial Pursuit question incorrectly...it was, of course, West Berlin that was the free city behind the Iron Curtain. I know nobody cares and/or recognized that, but I felt stupid. I knew that it was West Berlin, my spastic fingers just typed East.

Whoa, when did this happen????? It's August already??? Ugh. I hate August. It's probably my least favorite month of the year. First, it's usually beastly hot. Not good. And it means that I have to go back to school in like a month. Also not good. But I guess it's better than a friend of mine who has to move into her dorm in some obsceneley small number of days like twenty. And then she has a week of "bonding" activities. See, this is why I'm never ever going to live in a dorm. Because my idea of bonding is showing up the day school starts and maybe moving into the dorm. Or maybe not. Call me crazy, but the idea of sharing a bunkbed and three square feet (if you're lucky) with a complete stranger and the whole "communal bathroom" thing doesn't strike me as a good time. I'm planning on mooching off of my parents until I can afford my own apartment. Even a roommate would be kind of too much. I mean, what if you had a fight or something? And you still had to see them in the living room and kitchen. Ugh. So yeah, "bonding" with a bunch of other people fresh out of high school is not my idea of fun.

On other school related matters, remember at the end of the last post where I was whining about my advisor not calling me back? Well, she did. And told me that she kind of lost my file and didn't register me for my classes. I.E., the ones that start in like four weeks. Ugh. So I had no classes. Thank goodness I got into three of the ones I wanted, but the math was already filled up. Which sucks because I suck at math, and desperately needed this class before I start college next year and find myself dead in the water in college algebra. But, thanks to my advisor's superior organizational skills, I will not be attending that class. *rolls eyes* Okay, it's not entirely her fault, because I might have gotten bumped anyway, and she said she'd e-mail the professor and ask if he could override me, but still. Oh well, at least I got into Latin. I really needed that, to, like, graduate... kind of important.

So yeah, that's my pitiful life. Ooh, shout out to Mom and Dad, who have the air conditioning on. Yay!!!

No comments: