Thursday, December 22, 2005

Am Domestic Goddess


(Note: These are not my cookies. These were downloaded off of Google Images. I did not take the time to decorete them with different colors. I prefer the method of decorating where you just turn the bowl of frosting upside down and let it drizzle over the cookies. Way more easy.)

Am like a prison-tattoo-free Martha Stewart. Am also talking like Bridget Jones. Must stop now.

Anyhoodles, I have made three batches of cookies in the last two days, as well as some rather deleriously good fudge, if I do say so myself. What brought on this sudden burst of domesticity, you ask???
1.) We were getting dangerously low on cookies.
2.) Mommie Dearest always insists on being hospitable and offering Christmas cookies for desert on Chrismas.
3.) While this is a lovely habit, I wanted cookies left over. ;)

And they all turned out pretty well. Mexican Wedding Cakes were easy and quick and made five dozen (always a Good Thing). I had to use a flashlight and a yardstick trying to find the various parts of the spritz machine in our Completely Impractical Corner Cabinet, but we eventually found them, and eventually figured out how to work it, and eventually made cookies that really did resemble wreaths and not just blobs of green crap. And the cute little cutouts were going quite well until I got about halfway through and knocked the bowl off the counter and it dumped the dough right in the trash, which I was kind of secretly thankful for because then I didn't have to wipe it up off the floor. How sad is that???

The fudge is Pretty Damn Awesome, too, if you ask me. Hopefully there will be more than four people to eat it... :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow are you ever domestic.......the cookies etc sound just wonderful and I too hope more than 4 people are there to eat it....I hope that for several reasons!!!!! Too bad some dough went in the trash, but if it is going to waste at least it cleaned itself up:):):) Maybe I can help with the leftover cookies by bringing some of my "store bought" cookies on Christmas and you will then have the "good" stuff leftover....:):):)I am having company tonight and have a lovely cookie tray waiting for them....all the cookies were nicely made by someone who than sold them at Pick and Save:):):)Keep enjoying your vacation....you deserve it:):):)