Monday, December 19, 2005

The caption on this picture...



...actually said, "Yes, you may right click and save." Because clearly this person who owned the website realized that this picture was too good for her to keep to herself. I find that a Little Bit Funny.

Anyhoodles, how is everybody's Monday going??? Good, I hope. Mine's not, really. I'm torn between worrying about the alive members of my family and mourning the loss of the furry ones, and comforting the other, more emotional members of my family who are really mourning the loss of the furry ones. It's a very confusing time. Hence the need to find odd Alan pictures on the internet.

That aside, I'm quite content now with having surfed the web for half an hour with a loverly little cup of coffee. I actually haven't had breakfast since last Monday, for the simply reason that I could not figure out what normal people ate for breakfast. Usually, this is not a problem, as I buy coffee and a bagel/muffin at school on the days that I have school, and sleep past the time I get hungry on the days that I don't. See? Need for breakfast alieviated. Unfortunately, the Cute Little Cafe would be upset if I showed up every morning now that school's over. However, being a Smart Young Woman, I decided to go to the grocery and get bagels and coffee and make my own breakfast. (Or, really, I put them on a list and my dad got them. I'm not making drastic strides towards independence here...) How industrious is that??? ;)

Saw King Kong this weekend. Yeah, pretty good. I mean, I'm glad I went, kind of in that War of the Worlds sense, where you're glad you saw this huge movie, but it was too long and there were too many odd creatures and shooting. I couldn't really not go, though, because every time I pass up going to a movie with Imladris I end up falling desperatly in love with whoever starred in it. It's just a curse. That didn't happen this time, though. I was only into Adrian Brody for three minutes freshman year when we had a TA in gym who looked kind of like him. Pretty good, though. We lurve Peter Jackson.

Went electronics shopping in my mom's room yesterday. Quite fun, actually. I was randomly commenting on the fact that my alarm clock/radio/CD player was broken, and I really needed a new one, and she offered me my dad's, who hadn't used it since, oh, we moved in. So I got that all set up, and then I realized that my phone was really annoying me, because it was corded and what's the point of having a phone in your room if you have to sit on the floor with your back against a box spring anyway? So I commented again on how I needed a cordless phone. And my mom gave me one that they had in their room, but weren't really using. It was awesome. She saved me like seventy bucks of electronics!!!!

I am being forced against my will to wear my glasses for the next two days. Damn prescription eye drops...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Monday was going fine until I spoke to a mutual relative and was informed of all that is going on in your life....now my Monday just isn't as good as it was...:(:(:( What can I even say???? I too am worring about the alive members of your family and mourning the passing of the little furry one....so sad! My little furry one passed 1 and 1/2 years ago and I am still not over it :( I hope the coffee and food helped you a bit!!!!

mi_morena said...

I know...Mom was saying this morning how she still misses your little furry one...I heard from her though, and things appear to be going okay, if that helps at all... :(

CMT said...

whoa whoa whoa. You had a thing for Adrien Brody freshmen year? Why didn't I know???? Why didn't I figure it out???? I feel sort of like a failure. Sniff. What else do I not know? Hmm? It all just makes less sense now.