Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Lupe's Christmas

...was surprisingly good. Especially since I was expecting one that we'd all just as soon forget about. But it wasn't---it was really good. Santa went a little teeny bit crazy this year, which I totally didn't mind. I got a bunch of DVD sets (both Arrested Developments!!!!!! YAY!!!!!), and a bunch of DVDs (expensive Apollo 13!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!), a couple of books (Her Little Majesty!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!), a beautiful box (increased economy for third world nations!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and...an American Girl (a friend for Felicity!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!).

Yes, I realize that I'm eighteen.

But Felicity needed a friend. Kind of like when Mom took Imladris and me to the the American Girl store when we were really little, and we could each buy one thing for our dolls. I chose a dress or something. Colleen chose a friend. :) And got lots of loverly gifts from family, too. Lurve my Magic Erasers... ;)

It feels like I've seen bunches and bunches of movies lately, but I guess it's really only been two. Fun With Dick and Jane was quite funny...but it's a lot of Jim Carrey. I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Carrey's, but it was a lot of him. Still funny. And the Family Stone was funnier than I thought it would be, actually. But there was that dying mom storyline that you totally didn't see coming that made Finding Neverland look like the feel-good movie of the year. Still really good, though. I still need to see Cheaper By the Dozen and Rumor Has It.

Hung out with Mary at Borders yesterday---super fun. Except I wasted five bucks on an icky frozen pretzel and bad coffee. But I got two books and a CD. (Requiem!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Note: The Mozart Requiem is the best background music for daydreaming, musing, or just being upset. It makes everything seem way more dramatic. Seriously, I sat on my floor staring at a dust bunny for an hour last night, and I wasn't bored. Amazing.

Crap, I'm late...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo very glad your Christmas was good.....glad you like those FABULOUS erasers.....:):):)Keep telling me how the movies are so I know which ones go see.....I think I will skip the Stones......have a good day....OH by the way.....last night finally watched the CSI tape you lent to me.....I know I've been busy...was that just the best episode ever.....sure didn't see that ending coming......:)

mi_morena said...

wasn't it friggin' awesome!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Being the big CSI fan I thought they were all made with the same "greatness".....but this one was way out there........when the two Mom's showed up we just looked at each other and said...."what?????"