Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year...


But you probably could have figured it out from the picture, now, couldn't you??? I have such intelligent readers. :)

I will again be eschewing what I like to think would be bountiful invitations to major events and staying home with my parents (who will probably fall asleep) and drink Baileys and probably read an esoteric history of some British monarch. Fun, huh? Do I know how to be young or what??? I feel so werid, like I skipped the whole part of my life where I need to have constant stimulation and human contact and am now in the mid-thirties where I really just want to stay home with my husband and children. Except I lack either a husband or children. Which makes staying home with them a little bit of an issue.

But I kid, our New Years is always fun. My dad makes a lot of food, and usually milkshakes, but I didn't see any preparations for those today, so not so sure about that, and we just watch TV. When we were little we watched New Years Eve on Sesame Street, which I thought was just the bomb because all the adults came back home and had celebrated at midnight with their kids and their Muppets. As a child who had amazing parents who also eschewed numerous party invitations to stay home and watch Sesame Street, I was appalled that Maria and Louis would go out and leave Gabriella. But then they came back, and everything was happy again. Now we watch Dick Clark and yell at the moronic pop stars...good times...

Totally changing the topic, I have too many e-mail addresses. It's crazy. They take up half the space on that little AOL bar up there. I've got my regular screen name, the super-secret screen name I had to set up when Stalker Boy decided I was the mother of his children despite the fact that I think I made it pretty damn clear that having his children was not incredibly high on my To Do list for that week (which nobody uses except eBay...), the Yahoo one that I use at least as much as AOL because it's the only one I can get at school and they give you fun little graphics, the one from the school I actually go to, which sometimes decides to be a bitch and not work at all, and finally today I got one from the school that hasn't even accepted me yet, but they sent a little note urging me to check it every day. That's five. For a girl who could assign one to each friend and come up with an obscenely high number left over, this is a little bit irritating.

Going to go eat...everybody drink your orange juice...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!! NICE PICTURE.....HOPE YOU HAD A FUN NEW YEAR'S EVE AND GOOD FOOD/DRINK....I WATCHED THE LAS VEGAS CHANNEL 8 COVERAGE OF THE PARTY AND FIREWORKS ON THE STRIP LIVE AT 2:00 A.M. OUR TIME VIA THE INTERNET....IT WAS JUST TOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!! NOT EXACTLY LIKE BEING THERE.....BUT NEXT BEST THING....AS YOU CAN SEE I TOO STAYED HOME......GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE STARTING 2006 WITH MORE GREAT BLOG ENTRIES THAT I ENJOY READING....I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL 2006....YOU DESERVE IT:):):):)