Friday, December 01, 2006

Euphoric Snow-Induced Blogging

It's a good day children, a very good day. Of course, I made it a snow day long before my actual place of education did, pretty much when I learned that Imladris was off and clearly it would be unacceptable to leave my warm fuzzy bed for the harsh winds of the park and ride.

So missed math, which is useless (baby math---not even the real stuff), and a psychology discussion where we would have undoubtedly had a long and colorful discussion about OCD while I listen to the asinine comments from the girl who sits next to me who steals regularly (not just like off the internet- but real stealing), and trying not to stare at the guy's earlobe that she's talking to because he's wearing one of those earrings that stretches out the skin so there's this huge hole. And all of this is only offset by the fact that the TA is moderately hot, and getting less and less so the longer he refuses to put my grades up on the internet. I didn't really feeling like risking life and limb to take my chances with the transit system.

Well, and I really wanted to stay home.

Of course, long after I decided to make it a snow day, so did UWM. Which erased all of my non-guilt, thus freeing me to enjoy all that snow days have to offer.



Because the glory of a snow day is that it offers precisely nothing. You have nothing to do. You can't really leave the house. There's not reason to do homework because chances are you didn't see the snow day coming and if you did and put off your work then you're just lazy and deserve it anyway. You don't feel the need to do anything particularly intellectually stimulating. You just kind of hang out.

I have accomplished the following things today: watched The View, watched Will and Grace, watched my ABC shows from last night, read People magazine, ate lunch, and watched an entire disc of Boston Legal. It's been a good day.


BTW, second season of Boston Legal on DVD now, and it was quite worth the forty-five dollars I spend on it. I don't even feel cheated this time, because it has 27 episodes and seven disks. Unlike last year, when I spent forty for 17 episodes---bugger bugger bugger. And please nobody say that I wasn't forced into buying these, because my Inner Legal Dramedy Whore made me do it. She's an insistent little bugger sometimes. She is also the one researching law schools online in the hopes that one of them will offer an internship at Crane, Poole, and Schmidt and plugging her ears everytime her mother insists that dammit, the real practice of law isn't like that and your father had to push me out the car every morning and I HATED IT!!! *sigh*

But my Inner Legal Dramedy Whore insists that anybody who can make beastiality funny deserves her forty-five dollars. (See Episode 2.7 Truly, Madly, Deeply). Even though she's not working for it.


That's okay, because the rest of me was quite happy at work last night (well, except for the part when Erin told me about all the different things you can borrow from your roommate in a pinch; like clothes, shoes, hair bands, and various other things that should be sold in brown bags and are not spoken about in polite company---remember that episode of Friends with Rachel and Monica racing for the bathroom...yeah), because they played Josh' O Holy Night!!! I love that song. When we get married I'm going to make him do a Christmas CD, no matter how much he doesn't want to.

So I was kind of smiling madly and probably scared Newbie, but hey, it was only a matter of time, right?

Between the eating of the Hershey's kisses Imladris purchased for her secret santa and the overdosing of ABC dramas, I have also been reading the imdb boards for The Nativity Story, and laughing out loud at many of the posts.

Okay. I have bigger things to worry about than the fact that Keisha Castle-Hughes was *gasp* a stupid teenager with too much money and time on her hands and got herself knocked up by her adult boyfriend, but do not try to tell me that she couldn't attend the premiere at the Vatican because of her busy filming schedule. Girl's been in four movies. *snickers*

Also, the atheist v. Catholic debates are quite humorous. Because they start out all normal and with full sentences and by the third or fourth reply it's denigrated into "You SUCK!!!" and "OH NO YOU DI'INT!" and "FREAKING RETARD", and my personal favorite, "SHE'S NOT MARRYED."

Hehe. Stupid people crack me up.

Going to go get more chocolate.

1 comment:

CMT said...

Wait. You're not in International Relations anymore?

But then how will you have an International RelationSHIP?

Just kidding.