Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hey, don't tell your mom, but I bought you guys some presents. Like the gift of God's love? No, dude, *real* presents!

Hehe. How I Met Your Mother.

So I'm having an excellent day, y'all, and favoring you with a post. So many wonderful, blessed events have occurred, an d it's only 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

One, got to sleep in (yay!!!). Being at work at seven on Saturday, and then having to be up, dressed, and high-heeled by eight-thirty for Mass the past few days has *really* wiped me out.

Two, went to Best Buy to return my superfluous copy of The History of Violence (yay--I got it them!!! *does happy dances*) and bought Friends With Money, which, contrary to what the salesperson told Imladris on Saturday, they totally had and was even facing forward in it's own little display. *sniff* Also got a Van Gogh calender from Borders at half off---whee!!! It was the only one left and not sitting in the place I hid it during work on Saturday (what??? Everybody hides stuff they want until it's on sale.) but I found it and clearly God wanted me to have it.

Three, came home and balanced my checkbook which I've kind of been neglecting for awhile because I've been using my debit card a lot and the fast and easy "just swipe it and put in your PIN" loses something when you have to pull out your checkbook to write the balance down. Usually I do it when I get home, but that's a lot of work. Fortunately, realized that once I return the DVD player I bought that is now rendered completely useless thanks to Mickey and the God's of free DVD players with obscenely expensive but oh-so-pretty HD TVs, I'll have way more money than I thought. Whee!!! Also, I won't have to actually spend any of the money for about six months, as the vast majority of my gifts this year were of the card variety---just how I like them. But we'll get to that later.

Finally, I was bumming around UWM's website totally not using the student directory to find out where hot guys from my classes live and figured I'd check and see if any of my grades are up---and some actually were. I did *way* better than I was figuring halfway through the semester (not that I had any real clue, because we don't get midterm grades). I got a 98% in psych (See!!! I was thinking about more than what to name my kids with the Hot TA---btw, Ada doesn't work. She'd just sound like a 90-year-old Jewish woman), an A in math, quite possibly the best grade I've gotten on anything remotely related to math since middle school, an A- in geography (I was .05% away from an A---what the hell!?!?!?!) and probably a B+ in French. Which, while not being a phenomenal grade by my own standards, sure as hell beats the C I was expecting.

So I'm in a really good mood.

Also in a good mood because I got BLEAK HOUSE!!!! WHEE!!!!!!!!!! I have 475 minutes of BBC/Dickens goodness at my disposal all the freakin' time!!! I was kind of worried, because I didn't see any package that looked like the right size and I was thinking, "How could she have not gotten it? I said it was the best thing to happen to me this year! I did everything but order it myself!!! GAH!!!", but I did get it and how I'm very pleased.

Also got some lovely DVDs- some the same DVD, thank you all, I adore them-(Thank You For Smoking!!!YAY!!!), a book about a schizophrenic Greek princess, some post-cards to put up on my bulletin board, and bunches of gift cards to all of my favorite places. My wallet will barely close, but I don't care. I love them. *squee*

But Mickey went a teensy bit crazy and started giving me gifts that were addressed to different people, but they were all me (Lupe, Ad manager, etc.). I was kind of surprised there wasn't one to The Blond in the Corner Trying to Keep Her Skirt In a Decent Position Whilst Being Banished To the Floor Once Again.

Also, all hail the Holy Pumps (sister to the Holy Slingbacks)...


Aren't they lovely??? I love them. They are my squishy.




Colleen got a Baby Mumble doll that dances, and she is entertained immensely by it.



And of couse, dinner by Culinarily Gifted Spawn of Mickey was fantastic, even if I kind of didn't understand what I was eating. I think that's okay, frankly, because it was lovley just the same.


So I'm going to go eat leftovers of pumpkind pie and then probably fall asleep watching a DVD. Oh, it's gonna be a good vacation...



3 comments:

CMT said...

A Very Keira Christmas!

rockford said...

congratulations - we are so happy for you and so proud of you and I am so happy for you that you are having such a wonderful vacation so far - how could you think I would forget or ignore bleak house???? what kind of a gift giver am I????? Glad Christmas was a great time for you and yes, the shoes are great!!!!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

I have had an aversion to dress shoes since somewhere around the sixth grade. It had to do with polishing mine and my fathers every Sautrday. Do you know he used to have shoes that were cordovan in color?