Friday, April 27, 2007

Like in dating, if you are considered in demand, then you can raise your price, as it were, and afford to, say, only date "hot" people.

That is how the law of supply and demand was explained to us in discussion this morning.

And no, I don't know what it had to do with anything medieval. I've been trying to figure it out all morning.

I do know, however, that I got an A on my totally ridiculous Black Death story/academic paper complete with footnotes. After six weeks of "OMG, this is a REAL PAPER , so please don't have anything stupid in it," I got mine back with one comment about how he'd like to have seen more of my character. What? *sigh*




The Office was amazing last night- a feat that's becoming more and more rare as the weeks pass. I love this show, but sometimes I think the reason that the British series was so good was that it was so short---they only had to fill twelve episodes. Dawn and Tim could have a defined character arc, and they didn't have to kill time with all this Karen nonsense.

Still. Best show ever.

Well, except maybe for How I Met Your Mother.


Saw Fracture a couple of nights ago with Kate. It was actually quite good, way better than I thought. Anthony Hopkins was good as The Creepy Guy, and Ryan Gosling was quite gifted in the role of Guy Who Takes Off His Jacket 120 Times In a 113 Minute Movie And Also Does Pull-Ups In The Morning For No Good Reason. We get it. He's hot. Still good.

Okay. This will fall under the Too Much Information category for most if not all of my readers, so just warning y'all.

But one of the trailers was for Martian Child, which was completely heartwarming and adorable. I am in love with the ENTIRE Cusack family and bought Must Love Dogs shut up , some more than others, and I'm pretty sure I started spontaneously ovulating during this trailer. John Cusack as a widower with an adorable little kid who thinks he's from Mars? October 26th. I'm there.

See? Told you it was too much information.


Before I go tonight, I'd like to draw your attention to one of the most obscure and ridiculous items I have ever seen in my entire life, and may, in fact, be one of the primary reasons that the rest of the world hates us---because we guilt foreign celebrities and Teri Hatcher into performing in dumb-ass charity videos. Not that I didn't laugh my ass off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.....the video is just tooooooooo much!!!!:):):): I'm getting disco fever baby:):):):) You know disco and the B G guys are high on my list:):):)

CMT said...

But if you remember, Tim DID have a fling with that skinny blond who came from the Swinton Branch. But she was gone in like two eps, so no biggie. But I get what you're saying.

And OMG, I totally get it about John Cusack. Totally. I would marry him if only to be BFF with his sister.