Friday, April 06, 2007

No, I don't got this.

It's Good Friday- yay! Um, well, not because of the whole Christ-dying thing, which is very sad and sobering, but because I love the Triduum and all of it's Latin and incense glory. I'm a real Latin and incense girl, even if I mispronounce everything because I spent two really long years learning (and doing quite well at, thank you very much) classical and not church Latin because Papists=evil, at least according the mission statement of the school I was going to at the time. This is also why they PAINTED OVER the Blessed Mother in the chapel. Humph. They're going to have some serious explaining to do at the apocalypse.

And in order to properly commemorate the suffering and death of our Lord, I think that classes should have been canceled today.

UWM didn't agree.

We did get to talk about Peter Abelard, who embodies the main reason I love history so much- that I can earn a degree and get to write papers about guys who sleep with their students and then have their testicles chopped off by her family!!! I love it so much. He became a monk, obviously. Teehee. I was biting on my pencil SO HARD to keep from laughing out loud.


Also theoretically had logic discussion, but I am completely kicking predicate logic's skinny ass and had no questions, but I really just wanted to go home. So go home I did.

And spent the rest of the day lolling around the house, basking in the glory of knowing that I can sleep in tomorrow (*choirs of angels sing*). I love it.

Then went to Mass Good Friday services (what? They're kind of the same...), which was lovely except that Mary was clearly fuming about having her unbroken string of serving like sixteen Good Fridays in a row (little known fact, she did serve at three ;)) broken by some little children I've never seen before. And they almost set the cross on fire. Teehee. And Colleen got the church giggles. Bigger teehee.

Pretty picture. I'd like it to rain now. Not snow. Which it's supposed to do tonight. *sigh*

Just two things to comment on today~

I give you, the Most Ironic News Story Ever.

FINALLY!!! Someone else is sharing the creepy saint-love!!!

Pssh. They should have gotten Alan back.

Have a good rest of the day, all!!!

1 comment:

CMT said...

HA! She watched Emma twice. That's funny.