Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You can be a professional soldier, or you can just be a...soldier on the weekends? I'm sorry, I don't know where I was going with that example.

Well, my Empress is away, as are my high heels, my Bridget Jones books, my umbrella, my sunglasses (Ralphie was too frail to make the journey), and my iPod, fully loaded with Nickelback's greatest hits and about 56 tracks of Oh God make the Argentinian wailing stop. The highlight of my day? When I got out of a freakishly long essay exam with enough time to get a stale muffin before running across the ENTIRE east side to one of two art history classes I had this morning, because I had to leave my house at SIX FORTY FIVE to pick up a friend who had other licensed people at her house who could have driven her. Yeah. Morena was not pleased.

Also, two thirds of my entire readership is out of town and away from computers. The other one third is sitting on the couch sobbing about her baby. I'm thinking not a lot of comments.


I did, however, have like the best day ever in history, because she talked about my favorite pervert, Abelard again. Which I totally eat up almost as much as the whole astronaut love triangle thing, because oh my gosh the only thing that beats a woman in diapers armed with pepper spray is a guy who sleeps with his students and then gets castrated. Teehee.

Well, today, she went into the whole thing, like how when he was "just" her teacher, Heloise's (the slept-with student) uncle was all "Oh, you should discipline her more if she's not behaving," and told him to slap her around. Okay, now imagine this being told to a room of sixty twenty-year-olds. There was this huge pause, and then everybody started giggling uncontrollably. It was the funniest things I've heard in a long time.


Except maybe when Frenchie went "You want to watch other people?" You had to be there.

Other subjects went well, too, although without the S&M humor, which adds a lot to a lecture. JMC was an astoundingly easy test, at least I think it was. I guess I have to wait for my grades to be sure. Whatever. I got a muffin afterwards. I was happy.

Art History TA is just giving up. She is so over this. It's kind of amusing. Also amusing? When we were talking about how we all have to go to the art museum and she said, "Okay, but no matter how much you like the paintings, do not touch them. Do not rip them off the walls and put your foot through them." Teehee. Little local humor here, folks.

Logic is logic. There's not a whole lot you can say about it.

Well, House is on (Bunch of people sick on a plane. Imaldris's comment: "After all these movies, people still insist on ordering the fish?"), and I'm going to go. Ciao bella.

1 comment:

rockford said...

Well, I hauled myself off of the sofa to comment...sounds like you too should have been on vacation with the number of your things that went traveling...today should be a good day for you too - short school schedule and the astro thing is heating up again - it is the story that just won't stop giving...a least your younger brother tells us so....enjoy.....