Saturday, December 15, 2007

And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oh, dear Lord. My beloved, my lifeline, by ALL, Marcus Theaters is not showing Sweeney Todd.
*strangled sob*

I'm going to have to go to Mayfair to see it. I don't like being inconvenienced.


Well, I asked off this weekend and am sitting here in ugly clothes studying, and feeling very much in control of my future (well, at least in comparison with these idiots. Surely I am smarter than they are.), so I'm going to get back to that.

One pearl of widsom from here at chez Morena: If you ever run into a high school freshman who has been assigned the first five-paragraph essay of the year after having his/her confidence stomped on by an ill-advised lunchtime peer review session with the other idiots at the table (who are barely qualified to wipe themselves)? RUN. Get your keys, make up and appointment, break an appendage, I DON'T CARE JUST GET OUT.

Do not attempt to engage the freshman.

Do not attmept to help the freshman by giving him/her your old politial science book with helpful tidbits about how you can use Wikipedia to help without actually having it be an academic source.

Most certainly do not offer the freshman use of YOUR computer for "a quick google search".

Any and all of these behaviors will result in you wanting to hurl yourself headfirst through the plate glass patio door.

My God. I'm pretty sure doctoral dissertations have been undertaken with less emotional distress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no marcus theaters have the movie?????how very stange!!! the freshman story sounds ever so interesting......