Sunday, December 02, 2007

All jurisprudence, all the time.

I sold two copies of The Nine today, which felt like personal vindication because I've been pimping the hell out of it since October and IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! Sheesh. I even did a freaking staff pick and put it on the front table with all the new books.


Also got into a mental argument with some idiot political science major who said judicial activism and judicial review were the same thing.

Which they're not.


Decidedly not.


Judicial activism is legislating from the bench. It's bad.


Judicial review is the ability to of the Supreme Court to decide if a law or act of another branch of government (usually Congress, because we heart the executive branch!!!) is unconstitutional. It's good.


Definitely not the same.


But due to my amazing customer service, I kept my mouth shut. Until she left, and then I unloaded my opinion on anyone who would listen.

I'm supposed to be studying. So I'm going to go pretend to do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The author of that book should have you on his payroll!!!! Congrats on selling those copies - you are spreading the word and the world will be more educated because of you:)!!!! Thanks for the update - looking forward to the next one!!!! Good luck on all of these upcoming tests.....I know you will do very well!!!! Keep smiling:):):).....

Anonymous said...

Yeah it's December and we have a post.......yeah yeah yeah......a sign of things to come!!! You will do very well in your test because you are smart and you rock!!!!!!

CMT said...

I is confoosed.