Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Title has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

Oh, dudes. I have, like, the BEST schedule ever.

And you know what? I deserve it. Because after the freakish hell I went through trying to get PAWS to work along with presumably every other student (which is stupid, I know, because they all had different times, but I SWEAR TO GOD THEY WERE ALL ON AT THREE O'CLOCK YESTERDAY OMG.)? The damn chancellor should pay me. And maybe throw in dinner. And drinks. I needed them. This is an abbreviated version.

Morena: *hums*Ladeeda, deedada....I'm going to register now. Okay, that is a complete fabrication. I was actually counting the minutes until three, and obsessively checking to see if my classes were open, and I may have collapsed in an emotionally exhausted heap on the couch the night before sobbing something about baroque vs. Asian art...but I digress.
PAWS: *snorts*
Morena: I'm typing in my password...
PAWS: *doesn't load* Try refreshing the page.
Morena: I'm refreshing. It's not working.
PAWS: I SAID REFRESH BITCH.
Morena: *scared* Oookay...still not.
PAWS: Try again.
Morena: Okay.
PAWS: *taunting laughter* Invalid session. You don't know what that means, do you?
Morena: No.
PAWS: It means you're not going to be a junior anytime soon.
Morena: *tear*

It went on like that. For a long time. Hence the drinks needed.

But I got everything, and, in a feat of engineering and physics that I'm pretty sure NASA would like to know about, I managed to fit eighteen credits of baroque art history, Asian-American history, history of women in Europe, history of Britain since 1688, American popular music (arts credit), and some random geo sci class (NS, can you tell how thrilled I am???) into FOUR DAYS, of which I will be home at 12:15 twice and 1:45 twice. That's right, bitches. I rock.

Well, okay, one's online. But still.

Also? Fridays off. Which I think means more to me than the birth of my first child will.

Of course, the gods were not content to let me be stress-free for longer than a moment. Literally minutes after I hung up with The Lovely Mary to discuss our good class fortune the phone rang, and it was a family friend I hadn't spoken to in probably ten years and didn't recognize ("Who is this?""Kathleen...""This is Amy.""Um...okay...") saying that she had just taken my grandfather to the emergency room.

Yes, the 91-year-old. That got the blood racing!

Turns out he's fine, just some minor intestinal things, but my parents spent the rest of the day at the ER, and I spent the rest of the day worrying. Well, and watching a little MTV. (Dude. The Hills? Crazy stupid.)

So you know how I'm a neurotic mess for most of the year?

Haha. What am I saying? Of course you do. I don't have a lot of blind, deaf, *and* dumb readers.

Well, that all stops at finals week. This is peculiar, as the need to do well and almost obsessive zeal for good grades would logically increase during exams. And it does, kind of. I stress about studying, and and being prepared, and all that.

But I don't really care anymore.

Like I got an answer sheet for the final I took this morning, and I'm already too over the class in general to match up the answers and see how I did. Eh. I'll just wait until they're up on D2L. It'll be a couple of days, tops.

(I know, right? It's like aliens.)

Also, I already know that another 4.0 is practically out of the question thanks to Dr. Moyer Evil and his Physiological Psychology of Doom Mwahahaha.

This could explain why I have art history and Egyptian civ on Friday, and I'm writing an entry instead of caring.



Okay, this has already been entirely too long, so I'm going to go. With a few links.

Dude. I'd watch. But I'd probably be the only one.

LITTLE MORE THAN ONE WEEK LEFT!!! And boy, and I excited!!!!! :D

Boston Legal news. Teehee. I like the part about the Star Trek universe imploding.

Ugh. Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. They're just too stupid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog.....my spawns have always had a fancy to having off on Fridays......good for you!!!! lol not being a junior any time soon....funny:):)

Anonymous said...

I'd watch the Supreme Court with you:)!!!!! Bt the way, I was present for the meltdown - not meaning to be unkind, but I think you even underestimated it!!!! You even had your Dad worried!!!:) congrats on getting your classes!!!! I was SO HAPPY for you!!!!!! Now, have fun studying.....