Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I fail at being an adult.

Oh, internets. A week from tomorrow I'll be heading back to school and I won't have to work a whole lot and ah, yes, the world shall be right side up again. Because while I do enjoy that whole oh, hey! A paycheck actually gets deposited into your checking account thing, I don't care how many reserves for The Lost Symbol we get. In fact, I think Dan Brown kind of sucks as a writer (!!!). My problems with The Da Vinci Code were less that I disagreed with the subject matter (which I did...but FICTION PEOPLE) and more the with dangling modifiers. I don't know if it had an intriguing plot because I couldn't figure out where the verbs were in most of the sentences.

Again, I'm not allowed to say this.

I'm also not allowed to say, "Oh, thank God you're locking it in at 40% off. Because trust me, you do not want to pay more than $16.87 for this."

But in a week! In a week I will be back in art history and history and Jewish studies and ZOMG SO HAPPY. *squee*

3 comments:

FzngWizbee said...

I have two things for you.

One. What's your class schedule going to be like? Maybe we'll get a chance to hang out at some point.

Two. I agree with you on Dan Brown's poor grammar...though I blame it on the editors. But will you reserve me a copy next time you're working?

^_^

rockford said...

I, too, am happy for you that school is starting -- I am very, very, very sad :( for me because I hate it when all of you head off to school and the summer is over --but I remember that wonderful feeling that I got when I was in school and a new year was starting again!!! ...And I will try to be nice when, in a matter of weeks, you are counting down the days until the semester is over:) ... just KIDDING!!!!! And, yes, I think you are wise to keep ALL of your opinions to yourself when you are at work - many of them could be construed as contrary to your employer's best interests...

mickey said...

enjoy your new semester :)