Monday, August 31, 2009

I I do so love incense and chrism.

Thirty-six hours until I'm back in school! Well, until my sister is back in school and I'm killing another six hours before my class, but whatever. I'm not splitting hairs.

Meanwhile, I had my first little catechist meeting tonight...yes, that's right, I decided I liked Confirmation more than I like watching How I Met Your Mother. I know, right? Emotional growth. Also, I really like being involved in big fun Masses at the cathedral and yep, there's pretty much only Confirmation for that. ANYWAY. It was fun. Probably more fun than the Learn-How-Not-To-Molest-Your-Students meeting I have to go to later this month. I'm not thinking it will be too much of a problem- I didn't like seventeen-year-olds when I was seventeen. The entire first session seems to be devoted to role playing with flags and crazy awkward questions? I don't know. I'm sure the Holy Spirit will pop up in there sometime.

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember a whole lot about the prep classes I went through, even though it was only a few years ago. I remember that Mary and I were the only ones who showed up in ninth grade, I remember being ridiculously uncomfortable during the two hours of sex discussion with Father Ken in tenth grade, and I...kind of blanked on eleventh. I remember my interviews, and thinking that was pretty stupid because it was with a man who knew me quite well and knew that I was coherent enough to have consciously decided to be confirmed. But other than that...nope.

So. This should be a whole new experience!

1 comment:

mickey said...

lol.....the seventeen comment :)