Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm wasting my time in Milwaukee.

I have this professor. I really like her. She went to Yale. I know from other sources that she's really proud of the fact that she went to Yale.

(Hey, why not? You got a doctorate from YALE. I'd be handing out flyers.)

Anyway. Our Thanksgiving break starts the day before Thanksgiving. So Tuesday is the last day of classes next week. The class that she teaches is from 3:30 to 4:45 at night. Or, the time that no one wants to be in class.

On the syllabus, there is a movie scheduled for that day. Immediately, back in September, I'm like, screw that. I'll be at home, starting on my pies. Then she announces that she won't even be there, there will be a sub to insert the disc and press play. She has to go to a "book event". (I think that's more like, "start drinking early".)

Yes. Because EVERYONE is going to show up to watch A FRIGGIN MOVIE with a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL on the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING. Ha. Hahahaha. I would almost like to come just to see NO ONE ELSE COME.

I think this must have dawned on her, however, because today she finally cancelled class altogether and now we just have to watch the movie online.

See, I don't have a degree from Yale, and I figured out back in September that that was just going to crash and burn. Maybe I should be applying to the Ivy League.

1 comment:

mickey said...

you would do very well at Yale...but I would miss you :(