Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, Monday

I think I used this title before, because I'm pretty sure I got a "Mamas an Papas" reference in here. But I don't remember what it was, so make up your own joke, k???

We just sort-finished watching The Agony and the Ecstasy in art class...pretty good, except that I can't get over Rex Harrison playing a Pope, because clearly he should be in a study somewhere teaching Audrey Hepburn how to speak correctly. And every time I see Charlton Heston I think of Matt Damon on Oprah going, "Hey! It's Moses!!!" and that just makes me laugh. :) Right now Prof. Higgins just lied to him to get him to keep painting and the poor little Medici princess is just hanging around even though Michelangelo totally dumped her twenty minutes ago. But really, what else does a Medici princess really have to do??? I guess I'd hang around too. Plus her dresses are gorgeous...

It totally made me realize how great old movies are. And how much better the guys look in them. (No, I don't have a thing for Moses. That's gross.) Maybe because they were always a little bit older, and didn't all look like GQ cover boys- I can't see Ashton Kutcher pulling off Michelangelo, can you??? So now I want to go home and watch an old movie. Which I suppose I'll have to supply, because TCM is not running any of my favorites. Except 12 Angry Men, which isn't on until ten. When I will have collapsed into bed. Best Buy is, however, having a special on certain DVDs that are 2 for $15, which I think I shall have to take them up on. Lupé's due for a check on Wednesday, and apparently my next marketing assignment is coming up, so maybe I'll go tomorrow...

So, has everybody been watching the Olypics??? I totally have, if only because there is very little else offered on the weekend when you're watching hospital cable. Again, I watched hours of skiing last night, and I enjoyed it. How sad is that???

This however, is sad. Michell Kwan dropped out. Awww. We feel badly for her. She really was a better skater than Tara Lipinski, who is now relegated to playing prostitutes on 7th Heaven...hmmm...I think Michelle could have put the medal to better use. Although I'd be willing to bet that little Emily Hughes was sitting on her couch with her bags packed from the second she fell, don't you think???

Speaking of washed-up skaters, have we seen Tonya Harding recently??? Seriously, girl has ballooned!!!!! Just look at the picture!!!! Jeff Gilooly doesn't look so bad now, does he??? (Well, I mean, yes, yes, he does, but she probably can't do much better...)

And finally in news, Dick Cheney shot a guy. No, seriously, he SHOT him. They were shooting quail, and he SHOT HIM!!!! The CNN newsanchor people could barely keep from laughing. It was like, "The gentleman *snigger* is expected to make a complete *giggle* recovery. Back to you, Ashley. *smothered guffaw*"

I have to go be bored out of my mind during government. I also put stuff up on TV Watch last week in case anybody didn't get to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't read your blog before giving my opinion on Michelle Kwan...oh well I guess we just need to agree to disagree on this one!!!!! That picure of Tonya is a hoot.....Ashton is great, but I agree he would not be the best choice for Michelangelo...:):):) You are sooooooo lucky to be in the marketing field....:):):)