Monday, February 06, 2006

Stolen From Imladris

I have a thing for innane quizzes that nobody really wants to read. It's just me.

What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? I don't like to waste calories unless I'm completely awake and ready to enjoy them.

What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? Oh, gosh, there are so many. I think it's a release mechanism because I don't cry in real life. I lost a contact during Return of the King, though.

What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? I am perfectly confident at all times. *rolls eyes* It's really gross. You still wanna know? My skin turns red and blotchy.

Do you know anyone famous? Not yet. I fully plan on marrying one, though.

Do you know how to play poker? Kinda. With my dad. But I think someone who wasn't legally obligated to love me could kick my ass.

Are you happy with your given name?Yeah, totally. When I was little I thought it'd be cool to be "Elizabeth", but now I like my real name.

How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? Well, somebody would actually have to stalk all my celebrities for me and then send me the information. So enough to pay them.

What color is your bedroom? blue and green. With little clouds. I painted it when I was little.

What was the last song you were listening to? "Someday" by somebody I don't know. It's on the Olympic commercials, though.

Do you talk a lot? I practically get kicked out of class for NOT talking enough. Nobody thinks I do the readings. Which I totally do.

Which musical instrument do you wish you could play? Violin. I wanted to learn when I was younger and my mom said no. I don't know why, because my track record for sticking with expensive instruments is spotless.

How do you eat an apple? With my teeth, moron.

Do you have tattoos? Yes, but I don't remember getting them. What do you think???

Do you drive a stick? No. I had enough trouble with automatic. Although I guess when that famous person I'm going to marry shows up and buys me a Lamborghini I'm ging to have to learn. *sigh*

What's one trait you dislike in a person? Conceit and gum chewing.

What kind of watch do you wear? A cheap one from Target. I refuse to spend money on essential things.

Do you consider yourself materialistic? While I wouldn't sell my family into slavery (thanks, Colleen), I am incredibly materialistic. I'm supporting several families in the entertainment industry on my DVD expenditure alone.

What do you cook the best? Weirdly enough, I'm really good at tiramisu. I burn myself making microwave potatos, but give me an Italian dessert and I kick ass.

Favorite writing instrument? A pen that makes nice neat letters. I'm a little obsessive about my handwriting.

What kind of books do you like to read? I will read any and everything. My favorites are really good historical fiction novels, classical romances, biographies, and anything Russian. I'm a total slavophile.

If you won the lottery, what would you do? A week ago I would have said something generous like giving it to charity, but now the costs of higher education are looming and I'd probably keep most of it. And go to hell. But at least I'd be educated.

Burial or cremation? Eww. Burial, I guess.

How many online journals do you read regularly? Like three. I'm lonely.

What's one thing you're a loser at? Nothing. I excell at everything I do.

If you don't like a person, how do you show it? I'm not into confrontation, so everybody I've ever met probably thinks I like them. And it's going to stay that way.

Do you cry in front of your friends? No.

When's the last time you cried? I don't know. Couple of weeks, maybe? I got a little teary this morning when I was listening to A Lifetime. It's really a sad song. And I was alone in the car. And it was early.

What's your favorite type of music? Anything sung by a hot guy...hahaha, no I'm not that shallow. Classical or pop. Or really light rock. Really light.
What are your kids names? Jack, Emily, and baby Charlotte. :)

Do you watch a lot of television? Well, let's put it this way. I was arguably more upset by the fact that CSI:NY had to go off for the summer than I have been at many funerals. I'd say so.

Do you like to shop? Oh, hell, yes. This is why I have no money. But not for clothes. I like to get new clothes and wear them, but the act of shopping for them depresses me. I don't know why.

What is your hidden talent? I don't have any. I have very few talents, and I definately make sure you know about all of them.

Would you die to save the life of someone you deeply love? I am unlovable, so I'll say yes.

How long have you known your best friend(s)? Non-family member friend? It was K-4, so I was five. She was four.

Is he/she married? I don't think so. But it's complicated. ;)

Do you own a Bible? Yes.

Do you play chess? Um, I had a little Kiddie Chess book when I was a kid, but I don't really remember anything except I thought the queen was pretty. Which is weird because it doesn't look like a person.

Do you like the rain? Yes. A lot.

Do you like thunderstorms? Not since the House-premeire debacle.

Do you believe in God? Yes.

8 Favorites.

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Food: It changes. Right now- enchiladas. I have a craving for Mexican...

Favorite Song: Remember When It Rained, Josh Groban

Favorite Movie: Too many to count. Probably Life is Beautiful, though.

Favorite Sport: HAHAHAHAHA

Favorite Season: Winter

Favorite Day Of the Week: Friday. Next up, Monday. I know it's weird, and I love the weekend, but I like the feeling of getting back into your routine on Monday, you know?

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Haagen Dazs Bailey's Irish Cream. I ate about 400 calories worth last night.

Currents

Current Mood: Accomplished. I just submitted a scholarship application. I rock.

Current Taste: Wha???

Current Desktop: Tulips. If it were my choice, it would be a Johnny Depp picture.

Current Toenail Color: Flesh, except for this little spot of pink left over from the summer. It was in the crease of my nail bed then, and I couldn't get it off. Now it's up at the top. Good way to see how much your nails grow, actually.
Current Time: 3:41 pm

Current Surroundings: A lovely garden...or the den. Whatever.

Current Annoyance(s): This headache that's threatening to break.

Current Thought: Damn, how long is this thing?!?!?!?

5 Firsts

First Best Friend: Probably Erin. Maybe Amy. We weren't really that close, though. I just invited her to my birthday party without finding out her name. My mom still laughs about that one.

First Pet: My pet? A horse. Talk about jumping in the deep end. The first family pet was probably one of my brother's frogs. I didn't like them much.

First Crush: Honestly, I don't remember. I know I liked a little boy I used to play with. He was probably it. We were only five, though.

First Music: First music? What the hell kind of question is this??? Probably the irish songs my mom played while she was pregnant with me. When I was a baby they were the only things that would get me to calm down. Now they just make me feel like drinking.

5 Lasts

Last Cigarette: I like my lungs and feel like keeping them. We're attached.

Last Car Ride: Half and hour ago, picking up my sister from school.

Last Movie Seen: I watched some Daddy Day Care while I was on the treadmill yesterday, but whole movie would be Airplane. Which is a profoundly screwed up and hilarious movie.

Last Phone Call: With mom telling her we got someplace safely.

Last CD Played: Rachmaninoff's Complete Concertos for Piano. I'm weird, I know that.

4 Things You've Done Today

1. Drove to school.
2. Realized I left my wallet at home.
3. Drove home.
4. Drove back to school. 5 would say "Cursed school repeatedly".

3 Things You Can Hear Right Now

1. Barry Manilow wailing away on Ellen in the living room.
2. Somebody whistling.
3. Our hard drive or someting groaning at being actually asked to work. We even have lazy computors.

5 Things You Can't Live Without

1. God
2. Family
3. Friends (the people and the TV show...see, I'm not the same as everybody else!!!)
4. The State Department website (I told you I was weird...)
5. My CSIs/Lost/Arrested Development (oops, that one's gone...)

2 Thing You Do When You're Bored

1. Watch vortex programming on MTV or VH1
2. Take stupid quizzes online.

3 comments:

CMT said...

My day just got better now that I'm updated on the speck of polish embedded into your toenail.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just loved reading this....yes the toenail polish just made my day too...:):):)

mi_morena said...

One of the many things you didn't need to know about me... ;)