Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Complete and Utter Lack of Moral Fervor

It's becoming a problem, really.

Yesterday I spent an hour and a lot of money buying DVDs at Best Buy. They were having a sale. I couldn't help it. But the problem is that I have vowed never to shop there, because it ruined the parking and just generally disrupted thing.

But I'm such a whore for convenience that now I'm like, "Oooh, Rewards card..."

Sheesh.

And this isn't the first time it's happened either- I was never going to set foot in Target, Starbucks, or Borders. Yeah. That went well. I arguably spend more time with the Target cashiers than I do with my friends, most of my unborn children's college fund has been funnelled into nonfat lattes and frappuccinos, and Borders is the center of my social life. Seriously, I MEET people there. It's a DESTINATION!!!!

Maybe this is why I'm not a liberal activist like most of my generation- no one could count on me. If the whaler pulled up and offered me ridiculously overpriced coffee and a scone I'd lay down my little Save the Whales sign and join him on the boat.

Hell, if he gave me 30% off new releases and bestsellers, I'd probably shoot that harpoon thingy!

I would not make a good activist. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how you feel......you might not realize it but I AM a vegitarian!!!!! Unfortunately I do eat meat ...:):):) What can I say....our hearts say one thing....and we just do another!!! I hope you enjoy your DVD's and CD's.....:):):)

Racergirl179 said...

Ok...Wow! Ugh won't say much about the whole Borders thing. You know why! But, what DVDs did you end up getting?