Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And I'm such a slut for authority.

Again, that is a Boston Legal quote, not part of my outlook on life. Except I do have a strange

OMGYAY---blogger.com decided that it would let me post pictures and icons again!!! Well, okay, it would decide for about three minutes and then stop working and then occasionally quit out of AOL automatically, but I would. not. give. up. Even though it took me forty-five minutes. But I won. Hahahahaha.

As a result, enjoy some lovely Star Wars icons...



See how much prettier that looks? Yeah, I thought so.

Was in such a picture-changing mood that I updated my profile pic as well. I decided to stick with my artwork- inspired ones in honor of my academic crisis (yes, it's still going on), but that left me with a quandary. See, I don't really like modern, abstract Dada movement art, but I also don't like overly obvious pieces like anything they'll put on an umbrella. I need pretty, but not sickeningly sweet.

Except still lives. Those bug the hell out me. Who looks at an apple and thinks, "Wow. The world would be so much better if there were a BILLION paintings of this stinking' apple." Sheesh.

The last one was perfect, but now I'm getting a poster of it for my birthday, and if I have to look at it every day on my wall I don't want it on my blog, too, because it is possible to OD on van Gogh. Or just get really dizzy, what with all the swirling...

So I went with an early Picasso (before is both breasts on one side of the body period...what???), mostly because I love the little girl in it. I think if I ever have a little girl I'm going to dress her up like that, even though it was the fashion a hundred years ago. And maybe make her stand at a table like that. I just think it's adorable.

But looking through my old notes to get ideas made me very reminiscent of art history, and now I'm very confused again. Why can't I want to be a teacher or something where your life is so planned out? You major in education, you get out and you teach and then you retire. You don't worry about what city you're in, you don't worry about what language to take, you kind of know what's going to happen to you. *sigh*

It also reminded me of an exercise we did when we were studying Kandinsky about synaesthesia, which means that certain colors and shapes have sounds or smells or genders or words associated with them. One of the shapes below is named Booba, and one is named Kiki. Which one is which?



Did you guess??? I'll wait.

Done yet???

98% of people think that the figure on the left (the pointy one) is named Kiki, and the other one is named Booba. Every single person in our class answered the same way. Weird, huh???



Because I decided that I couldn't live with the guilt of buying House yesterday (I swear to God, I must be Jewish somewhere...), I bought the first season of The Office instead. OMG, SOOOO sweet!!!!

I've seen the whole British series now, and while I absolutely adore Dawn and Tim, I actually love Jim and Pam more. (BTW, on John Krasinski's imdb page is says under trivia, "Is Polish". No shit.)

I cannot wait for it to come back so I can get some closure on the whole who-will-she-choose thing. Because while I think that if they do get together it will be really awkward, if they don't I will be emotionally devastated and probably unable to leave the house to attend school or go to work for several weeks. I'm not proud of it, but it probably will happen.

So I will take awkward, if only to save my ship.

Unlike my other favorite ship, which is having holes poked in it's hull ruthlessly and systematically by Anthony Zuiker. *Mild spoilers for the beginning of the first episode* You have to scroll WAY down until after he stops rambling about some video game.

I'm devastated. You know, I was way happier when Stella was the whore, because I'm way better at being mad at women. You just call them sluts and move on. Although I am slightly mollified by the fact that Gary Sinise didn't want to do it because he clearly has half a brain and realizes that Mac should be with Stella. Humph.



A smattering (Is that aword? It's fun to say. Kind of like spatter, but doesn't make you think of blood.) of my Smacked icons.

Back in the real world, which is significantly less interesting, I could not sleep last night. There was this damn cricket (I determined that it was, in fact, a cricket after Wikipedia'ing crickets vs. cicadas this morning.) chirping it's little ass off right outside my window all blessed night. I watched SNL, I watched Without a Trace, I watched half of Conan. I was so exhausted this morning.

But then Imladris and I got Panera for lunch. Panera is Straight From Heaven. I'll bet it's delivered every morning. I really want some of their coffee.




Yay for Pirates!!! I have to see it again. Can you believe it's only been three times??? I'm shocked at myself!!! I was up in double digits by this time three years ago. Again, not proud of it, but I was.

Okay. I'm freaked out by this. Like shower-and-Xanax freaked out. I think it's photoshopped, personally. Excuse me while I go gouge out my minds eye.

Really? I ask for juice and this is the best you can do??? Pretty little girls getting married??? Gah. Somebody go do something bad---NOW!!!




Shall we close today with a couple random acts of Norrington prettiness? I think that's appropriate. Also, I don't know why I find that middle one so freaking hilarious, but I know I'm laughing very hard right now just looking at it.

5 comments:

CMT said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*ahem* Booba. *smirks*

And amen to the Matt Lauer thing...I signed on, just minding my own business, and all of a sudden Matt Lauer's vacation pics are all up in my face. WHAT.

I don't like to see my Serious News Personalities half-naked.

Racergirl179 said...

You went without me!!! Now we have to go on a trip to Panera sometime next week! I'm thinking Panera, going to see Pirates 2, then Starbucks after! That would be amazing!

mi_morena said...

I told you I was craving!!! I had to go!

Yeah, I'm free most days except Thursday.

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Picasso?
I love his early stuff. Then he got sort of funky. I waded through a book about him and Einstein being the two most influential people of the last century. I guess when it comes to art I am mostly predictable. Monet, John Singer Seargent and a wonderful Argentinian Artist named fabian Perez. OMG I love his stuff but unfortunatley his prints are like three grand.

CMT said...

Hey, Slut For Authority. Frickin Update.

NOW.