Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My tenuous connection to Greg from CSI.



Alright, so I was freakishly bored last night, and thanks to Wikipedia came up with a rather tenuous connection Greg Sanders. Stay with me, I'm honestly getting to a point.

So I'm reading this book about the Middle East, and I was Wikipedia'ing various Middle Eastern leaders. So I was on Golda Meir's page (did you know she was only the third female prime minister ever? I didn't.), and then I went to UWM's page, you know, just to represent, and under notable alumni (which, btw, weren't so notable) there was a guy with the last name Szmanda. So I'm all, "EEE!!! I wonder if he's related to Greg???" So I click on him and it turns out to be the Menards Guy!!! You know, save big money at Menards? That guy. So I'm all "GAH!!! Menards guy!!! Are you related to Greg!?!?!?" So I scrolled through his page and right at the bottom is a little thing that says his great-nephew is Eric Szmanda, known for playing Greg on CSI. So then I got totally batshit crazy (it was after ten and I was slighty outof it), and am all "EEEK!! GREG!!!! SO AWESOME!!!"

Unfortunately, when I informed them, nobody else in the house was anywhere near as excited about this as I was, and I had to wait until Imladris returned from a friends house for an appropriately "REALLY!?!?!" response. Which she, obviously being far more intelligent than the rest of my family, provided.

So that's your update for today---dont' really have time for a long one!!! :)

2 comments:

CMT said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!

I hate that guy's slogan.

And I used to hate him.

But now, he has a connection to Greg.

So I do not.

I lurv him.

He can join the Squishy Club if he wants.

rockford said...

So sorry that the family was not appropriately impressed by the Greg connection - you see, the problem is that one would have to know who Greg IS in order for said proper response and seeing as how I watch CSI from behind a pillow and just wanting to stay in the room with said family I do not have such info in my little brain...sorry- I need to study harder:)