Wednesday, August 30, 2006

How did you hurt your back? Running away from good taste?

Another day, another update. What would you do without my mordant wit and incisive social commentary? I know, I know, I get you through the day. No need to thank me. Well, comments are appreciated.

So yesterday after I updated, I was struck with a burst of industriousness, and decided to take care of some of the crap from my side of the attic. As you may recall, a few weeks ago my father suffered from a similar burst and decided to clean the main part. Although cleaning the main part mostly entailed yelling at me about how big of a slob I was. Not untrue, but not terribly kind either. Humph. Well, anyway, Daddy Dearest decided that I shall clean out a bin every week or be thrown out the house and how are you going to pay for school if you're living on the street missy? Well, okay, maybe it wasn't that harsh. Still.

I had some extra time (I really, REALLY didn't want to clean the bathroom) yesterday, and decided to go through a couple bins so I'd have a place to put my old school books when I clean out my room downstairs (Friday's project) for the *gasping sob* beginning of the school year.

So I go into the attic, and realize that while my father is threatening me with financial independece, he has also managed to COMPLETELY WALL IN my whole side. There is no way to get the bins out without moving stuff, which I have also been told Never To Do Or We Will Not Be Your Parents Anymore. (Yeah, they get a little crazy about the attic. It's like a sickness with them.)

I am not stopping now. I have the energy and thirteen episodes of Arrested Development to watch and so screw them all and their little dog too.

(Arrested Development---OMG, so funny! Even the incestuous bits. Which is usually just gross.)

Yeah, I'm never teaching my children to read. And if they pick up this nasty little habit somewhere else, I will disown them and they will have to figure out how to live on the street. Because it will be easier than having to deal with the sheer magnitude of childrens and young adult books that I have to find someplace to put. And God help them if they get emotionally attached to their four binders full of art history notes, because they will have to rent them an apartment, because no way are they keeping them in my house (huh. I just realized why my parents are so crazy.)

But I managed to clean a bunch of shit out, too, so it all fit back in where it came from. And then I threw my back out dragging them all back in.

Only two more though. I'm going to deal with those later.

Then the dust bothered my allergies so much that I took way more Benadryl than I should and fell asleep at six thirty for half an hour and then was all crabby the rest of the evening. Lovely.


Speaking of books, I totally have to read Bleak House now, and watch the movie. I don't know why, except that it's old and British and won an Emmy and yes I realize that sounds like a lot of men I like, but I'll read anythign that won an Emmy.

Also I will buy anything. I bought Elizabeth I from amazon.com (free prime trial, free two-day shipping---whee!!!) yesterday, and am now obsessively checking that little "Track Your Orders".

I have to stop buying so many DVDs. It's a sickness, really.

Did Clean-Up-Loose-Ends Day at school today, when I got my UPass and books that weren't in last week, and figured out where all my classes are. It's really too bad that when God formed me in my mother's womb he left out a sense of direction (and cheekbones, but that's a whole different post). Because Mary, while being a simpering mess about everything else relating to school was like Sacagawea this morning, and I was just kind of getting dizzy because the map is flat and the real roads aren't and I don' care what anybody says that makes a big difference!!! *ahem*

Also, I think maybe I'll be able to cut the treadmill out of my daily routine, because that is one big ass campus.

New shows tonight---whee!!! Going to try to convince the fam that Justice would be appropriate family viewing. I think I'll use the "But I have off so few nights! Do you really want me in the other room???" Or maybe another annoyingly pretty legal drama will help me with my ongoing educational crisis. That will work for sure.

2 comments:

CMT said...

Heeeey. It's not nice to call people simpering messes.

And I'll have you know that I could totally live in Africa. And I never asked you HOW to clean the bathroom. Whenever you ask me to I always comply.

Humph.

mi_morena said...

I KNOW!!! I don't know what I'm going to do if school or work interferes with any of my shows!!!

I taped Justice, so if you want to see the rest of it it was quite awesome.