Thursday, August 10, 2006

It doesn't have to be moving.

Guh. I am so. unbelievably. bad. at organizing myself. Seriously. My children are going to die of malnutrition because I won't be able to find the milk or something.

So we're leaving tomorrow for Galena, which promises to be a wonderful weekend. If I remember to pack enough clothes. I'm really bad at the traveling thing. I am so incapable of remembering exactly what I need to bring and what I need to do that I actually have to write out lists. Last night at work I'd have flashes of brilliance like, "OOH! Nail clipper!!!" and I'd have to write it down on a piece of receipt paper. When I do my packing list, I literally have to start at the top of my head, with hairspray, and work my way down. I know it's sad, but otherwise I'd forget something like deoderant. But I feel way more confident if I have a list that's all crossed out.



Of course, something always is left off the list that I desperately need. This time it was pajamas. I did not allot proper space for pajamas, and this is causing me major grief, as I am trying very, VERY hard to be space concious here and only bring the little tote bag. Which is not going well, let me tell you. Okay, so I probably don't need several books, but what if I want to read about the only American woman to survive Stalin's gulag and Sarah Churchill??? Hmmm???

So I have like nothing done, and very little time to actually do it in. Which is usually how I prepare for trips. Last year for the Cleveland Odyssey I didn't even buy summer shirts until the weekend before. I'mdoing slightly better today---don't have any major shopping to do.



Onto international travel news, I have now decided officially to switch my major from international relations to something inside this country. Not because I'm scared to fly, but because if I can't travel with lipgloss, I'm not traveling at all. ;) The State Department will not want to deal with me when I'm dehydrated and frizzy from lack of styling products. Heh. They think they've got problems now.

Meanwhile, I'm finding it incredibly amusing that Bush and Blair pow-wowwed from their respective vacationing spots in Texas and the Caribbean. That's leadership for you. Nice to know we're in competent hands.

All kidding aside, it is rather scary to think of what could have happened. See? This is why we need the Patriot Act. Well, okay, not really, because we didn't technically foil this one, the British did, but still. I honestly don't care if somebody is listening to my phone conversations if it saves me from having my plane being blown up with me in it.



GAH!!! Eddie Cahill interview!!! Hmmm. We're gonna have to do something about that tattoo. I want to go to Ireland with him... *sigh*

I'm going to go have lunch and see if there's any way I can cram my life's necessities into a teensy weensy bag.

1 comment:

CMT said...

OK, yeah, the tattoo of his oldwomanfriend has got to go.

SQUEEEE VACATION!