Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Est-ce qu'il est vraiment malade? Ou est-il allergique a l'ecole?

Having been deathy allergique to l'ecole myself at many, many points in my education, I sympathize with le petit Nicholas (apparently a beloved cartoon character in France, at least according to my book. Whatever. These are the people who keep reelecting Chirac.), whom we are using ad nauseum in French to teach us all how to say such important things as "He is happy. He is active. He is not timid." For once I want le petit Nicholas to be fat, sad, and in a bad relationship. But I digress.

Le anyhoodles, Baby Roma requested it, and I have to acquiese to her request. Baby Ada thinks she and Roma should get together and talk about what nutcases their mothers are.


Gah, so unbelievably sick of school. Kind of over this whole higher education thing and am considering exactly how much money I can make working full time. Not a whole lot, incidentally, and I'm thinking I would kill myself halfway through the first week out of sheer boredom. And Baby Ada wants a college fund. And formulas, because I'm sure as hell not breast feeding. And I wouldn't get to see my hot TA. *sigh* The things we'll do for...education.

So, despite my mother's protestations, I have decided to go to law school. Well, in four years. But still. Because the only classes I've ever really loved are law and art history courses, and teaching is a bit of a pipe dream for me, and it requires way more work for way less money. And I've heard that female professors are like forty percent less fertile than other women, and let's face it, I don't need any help in the infertility department. So a law degree would allow to me have a nice lifestyle and perhaps even adopt if I end up not getting married, which I guess I should plan for. And if I do get married, well, I'll join the long line of women in my family who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on a doctorate degree and then let it hang on the wall while they decide stay-at-home mom is a way better thing to do. Not that that's a bad thing, because I owe my entire life and goals to my mom, but still. So, major crisis of faith averted for now. At least.

What else is going on? Oh. Nothing. I'm so goshdarn boring. Ooh, reading Bleak House, and it's really good--as good as the movie, but kind of different. I just finished the part where John proposes to Esther , and it manages to be sweet and non-creepy in the book too!!! Yay!!!! Also, I spilled coffee all over it this morning, so Baby Ada really will have a dog-earred copy to carry around with her. Maybe I'll buy her a new one once she's actually conceived. Or I meet her father. Whatever.

Whee!!! It's finally cold!!! I'm so happy!!! *does snoopy dances in a flattering sweater* Yayness!!! I have bountiful outfits planned out, so it had better not get warm again, because that will just screw up my plans. Sheesh.

Major happy seizure-inducing premieres tonight- Criminal Minds and CSI:NY. And new episodes of Bones and Justice. Which means I have four hours of TV to watch and three hours to do it in. Probably a good thing I don't work again until Saturday.

5 comments:

rockford said...

So many premiers, so little time...:) What would we do without being able to tape???!!!! I did not understand the first paragraph either but I am sure that it made much sense - and please do not feel you are being led against law school - it's just that the practice itself was not much fun - ok, was not any fun - for me but you might really enjoy it - some people just "love the law" and the practice makes them very happy...but Mickey is right - staying in undergraduate might make some sense then....:) Keep smiling and try to enjoy school....

CMT said...

Ooooh hot TA. I'm jealous.

YAY PREMIERES! WOOOT!

Superman tomorrow? You know how I lurvs me my comic strips.

mi_morena said...

Definately. That's why you bought Batman, right???

Yeah. Except I have to listen to him talk about icky Freud stuff.

Racergirl179 said...

Are you really sick? and Are you allergic to school?

mi_morena said...

Tres bien, Marie.