Wednesday, March 14, 2007

All medieval history, all the time.

This will be the Morena Whining Hour. Thank you for tuning in.

I am so freaking sick of anything that happened before 1975. I had a black death dream last night. *headdesk*

Major fun reading primary sources this afternoon, y'all. First up, we had the Magna Carta. The whole thing. And let me tell, if you are looking for a fun way to kill an afternoon, five pages of teensy print about feudal society is CLEARLY the way to go. Wow, there was no opportunity to marry up in 1215. As someone who aspires to a non-morganatic marriage to some member of some aristocracy, this was particularly horrifying to me.

Also read a letter in which we discover that Peter of Blois (Yeah, I don't know either. Some dude, I guess.) has a MAJOR man-crush on Henry II. I do so love medieval closeted gayness.

Finished up with some random source about Eleanor of Aquitaine, in which the Archbishop of Rouen writes,

Dear Eleanor,

OMG, stop being such a whore, you will kill us all. Plzkthks.

Love,


The Archbishop

Of course, they managed to stretch it out for three typed pages. Good lord were they wordy in the twelfth century. *headdesk*





Oooh, more good grade news---I got a 98 on my art history exam. Snaps for me!!! *avoids third headdesk in as many minutes*

I really have nothing else to add today, except that Angelina's adopting another one in a desperate attempt to never ever ever have to hold Shiloh.

Oh, and Tori Spelling had a baby. I don't like Tori Spelling, and perhaps the funniest thing I've heard all week was my mom, the grounded matron who is so far removed from popular culture that she has to be told repeatedly that Brad Pitt is considered attractive, who said upon hearing the joyous news, "Pssh. Homewrecker." Teehee.

Going to go pretend I'm a nun and describe disgusting swellings of the groin (Okay, that sounded way dirtier than I wanted it to...) for six pages. And then go curl up in a corner and die. Ciao.

4 comments:

CMT said...

Tee hee! Funny Archbishop.

Racergirl179 said...

Ok.........so....yeah......pink vest. Made history all that more interesting. *giggles at thought* Yeah.......pink vest..nuff said.

rockford said...

I wonder if you TAs know that there is a wordrobe review on the internet??? Do they think about this before dressing in the morning???? Sorry, I should not call someone a homewrecker - that is judging and I should not judge in that manner....sorry, sorry, but it still bugs me that so much is made of the birth of these children when a mere 20 years ago the situation would have been treated as if there were, in fact, some wrongdoing involved -- now it is just all celebrated....what are we coming to....on another note, majoy congrats on the exam!!!!!!

rockford said...

major, that was "major" congrats on the exam grade!!!