Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Disclaimer: It's actually Sunday, March 18. But I'm too lazy to start a whole new post.

Imladris' much requested update. Except I have very little original thought right now. So today will be composed mainly of links, which do the talking for me.

Quick school update: it's spring break!!! Whee!!! I'm going to hibernate and plan my sojourn to the Next-To-Motherland. *squee* Also, I think I deserve this, after being one of only five students in both my discussions on Friday. Do you know how much you have to talk in a history discussion when there are only four other people? A lot. Every fifth question, in fact. Which is exceedingly tiring, as Henry I and Henry II and Harold and Harald and some random Edward all get VERY CONFUSING before nine a.m. *sigh* Until three minutes to eight, it was just Mary and I and this other guy and the TA. Really awkward.

Logic was wicked boring, too, because the people who show up don't really need any help because, well, we're responsible and smart and show up. So it was like...um...yeah...no questions? Oookay... Except I was totally proud of myself, because I solved this wicked hard proof that was slowly killing me- ha! You just used addition and conditional exchange. That's right. I rawk.

I'm going to stop being a dork now.



Okay, maybe not quite yet. I'm rereading Alison Weir's (OMG MY SECOND FAVORITE AUTHOR OF ALL TIME AFTER CAROLLY ERICKSON AND MAYBE ANTONIA FRASER. What is my history geek showing?) biography of Eleanor of Aquitaine, and it's totally kicking ass. Because as much as I whine about history, I love this stuff.

Because her whole first marriage is like every road trip movie where a husband and wife go on vacation and end up breaking up because they cannot stand that much of each other. Like a medieval Just Married, but they went on a crusade instead of a honeymoon. I can picture Eleanor going,

"God, Louis, you are so bad at this capture thing. Would it KILL you to ransom of a couple of the Muslims instead of just slaughtering them? This is a freaking HOLY WAR, after all. I am REALLY SICK OF CLEANING THE INFIDEL BLOOD OFF THE FLOOR!!! Come on, be a man!!!"

"Yeah, well, SWEETHEART, maybe if you would let me hang out with the guys occasionaly instead of SCREWING THEM ALL YOU WHORE, then I wouldn't feel like I had to kill the Muslims. Maybe I'd feel more like a man if you'd give me a FREAKING SON!!!"

"HEY! NOT MY FAULT. In five hundred years you are going to feel SO STUPID, jackass. I'm richer than you, btw."

"OMG, you take that back!!!"

"No. You know what? I'm renting a litter and riding home alone. And I don't every want to see you again, got it, ass****???"

"Pssh. Whatever. I'll get the Pope to say we're related. *sticks out tongue*



So, in keeping with the royal theme, I give you the greatest website ever The Tudors Official Site. I beg of you, go watch the intro, and then giggle at the fact that the final shot is Henry surrounded by headless women. Teehee.

I officially want to marry this miniseries. I am contemplating stopping random people on the road to see if they have Showtime and will they adopt me by next Sunday please I do my own laundry?

Also, Thomas More is kind of hot. (Colleen: "Duuude...did you see Emma? Awesome. Wait. Wasn't Thomas More a saint. Ooh. Awkward.") I don't care. I already have a deep-seated and deathy disturbing crush on anyone who looks like the Western representation of Christ, so why not add a couple of the saints in there too?

Some of the officially great YouTube videos:

The four-minute trailer. *squee*

And the Evanescence Lacrymosa trailer. I kind of love this trailer.

I'm also kind of loving how all the people on the internets are all, "OMG, the sleeves are TOTALLY the wrong era, that particular cut didn't come in fashion until Spring of 1654...", which is obviously completely NOT what the miniseries is about. They have the ax-murdering soccer coach playing Henry VII, for heavens sakes. Historical accuracy was NOT what they were going for.

And frankly, I think that the marriage of the network that can show anything and the dynasty that did everything is long overdue.



Also obsessing over this bright sunny morning? The Russian POTC 3 trailer. I have put my extensive yes-I-took-Russian-for-three-days knowledge to work, and while I don't understand what the hell is going on, I do know that I want to marry this trailer, possibly before The Tudors.

I'm contemplating actually watching Dancing with the Stars tommorow. That's how much I want to know what they're saying.




Well, I have now received death threats from both of my siblings if I don't immediately vacate the den, so I'm going to go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail because no one will watch it with me. *sigh* Have a good Sunday, blog kitties.


2 comments:

Mickey said...

Now I know why I found an IM when I got home asking me if I had Showtime....how you get to see your show.....yeah for spring break...enjoy you earned it~~~:):):)

Racergirl179 said...

OMG OMG!!!!!!! I need cable! I need to see that show!