Thursday, August 02, 2007

5 Days. For the next four minutes.

Gurgh. (Yes, that is a sound.) So. Freaking. Hot. It was 82 degrees when I left work at quarter after ten. 82 I TELL YOU!!!!

The parentals and owners of my house have discovered that I have been covertly lowering the air conditioner temperature under cover of night and they are, to put it lightly, rather annoyed.

And I have been forbidden to touch it again. Under penalty of being thrown out. I have no money. This is a scary thought.
(I kid. They didn't really *say* they were going to throw me out. But they really hate that air conditioner.)





So haven't done ANYTHING for tomorrow yet. Like pick out clothes, make my bed (in a burst of industriusness, I washed the sheets. Yeah. That backfired. Now I have to put them back on.), or pack. Instead I worked until after ten, and then ate my chili rice that I hid in the crisper to prevent other people from eating first. I'm an evil genius. No one in my house goes in the crisper. Ha!

I'm choosing to ignore this, and am instead watching Frasier on Lifetime and eating baking chocolate chips (only chocolate in the house), and 11:28 at night. That's healthy.


As mentioned above, I did have to work today. Supposedly in the cafe, but ended up in books reshelving self-help and erotica.
Yes. We have a sex section. And a Gay/Lesbian/Transgender section, a Lesbian fiction section, regular erotica, and special erotica series sections.

After twenty minutes of shelving that stuff, I may never feel clean again. Mary stopped by to pick some stuff up, and when she saw what I was holding she just went, "Oh, God. What the hell is that?"

They're so not paying me enough.

Also not paying me enough to work in the non-air conditioned store. It was so freaking hot. I had a ton of overstock, too, so I was up by the ceiling all night (except when I was in sex...*shivers*), you know with all the hot air and lights. Grrr.



Totally changing subjects, Mickey's house is coming along well. Apparently she's taken to driving by and watching the workers, because she gets off on people doing work for her.
Her words. Not mine.

I have so many different comments, I'm just going to shut up.


Entertainment Weekly is doing a thingy on the top 25 tearjerkers ever. (26-50 are here.) Or, My DVD Shelf.

Because I think that unless a movie a.) has Alan Rickman/Johnny Depp/Whomever I Am Secretly Obsessing Over That Week in it, b.) makes me cry, or c.) Johnny Depp ever even looked at someone who is in it, then I should not buy it.

And, OMG NUMBER 45!!! This one fulfills like, ALL of the requirements above!!!

One more link for you---adorable!lily and arrogant!james from an OOTP extended scene of Snape's worst memory. I cannot wait for the DVD. Meanwhile, pigtails? Um. She's not nine.

Okay. I really need to go find something to wear. Have a good weekend, and I shall see you all on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo funny about the c/a temp:):):):)...I have no comment on my comment....however....I did watch someone do a bit of painting earlier today....happiness!!!!:):):)