Thursday, August 30, 2007

Christmas in August

FOJG.com released the cover art for Josh's Christmas CD today.

I was understandably squeeling and wigging out and maybe jumping up and down and drooling over my keyboard, and Colleen comes over to see what the craziness fuss was about.

"Isn't it like the hottest thing ever!?!?!?!"

"Um...it's a picture of Josh. With a light behind him. And snow."

*sigh*

Looks like we're back to my fandom being crazier but in no way superior to her fandom.




It is clearly so much more than a picture with snow and light. Gah. She just doesn't get it.

Also some major shit going down on the boards, because it looked like Barnes and Noble and amazon.com, who both offered the "special edition" for preorder, had sold out. *shock and awe*

But then people started getting e-mails from the websites that the distributors had decided not to release a special edition.

Even though the Barnes and Noble stores *are* still accepting pre-orders.

And nobody from Josh's camp is saying anything.

This is not good.

If there is something that these women like less than the thought that Josh is the same age as their grandsons, it is being kept out of the loop.

They are not amused.

Personally, I'm not too worried. These are CDs that aren't set to be released for a month and a half. If they know they can sell a million more copies, they'll make some more. It's a disc of plastic.

It left me with one major thought though---

Thank you God that Barnes and Noble and not Borders got the rights to this. The Harry Potter thing almost killed me. I couldn't deal with irrate Grobanites calling the store for the next month who want to know WHERE THEIR CD IS RIGHT NOW OMG. And I know that all the phone calls would get tossed to me. Because my fandom cannot be silenced, and everyone I work with knows that I would do anything, including commit perjury (You may think this is farfetched, but I've actually been asked to do this for someone---and not someone whose babies I want to have. I'm just saying.), treason, or mortal sins for Josh. (Well, maybe not the bordering-on-graphic last part, but I'm sure they have a pretty good idea.)

I'd have to quit.

2 comments:

CMT said...

I mean, it's a good picture. But it's kind of just Josh with soft lighting and snow in his curls.

Anonymous said...

Come on....soft lights, snow,Josh's face,curls....even I can tell it's a great picture and I haven't seen it:):):):)