Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm Going to Write a Book

So, I knew that blogging was a thing. Obviously, I have one.

I knew that Livejournal gave all the socially-disabled, heavily-medicated agoraphobics a place to pretend to have normal, real lives with normal, real friends.

I didn't realize that they all had book deals.

When I picked up Jen Lancaster's Bitter is the New Black at work one day (Because let's face it, it was pretty and I had very little else to do.), I was genuinely surprised that she had a blog. It's freaking hilarious, but I was surprised.

Then I followed some of her links, and they all went to blogs of women in their twenties and thirties who write books that are basically extended blog entries. Thanks to the privilege that comes with my entry-level position at Borders, I've had the chance to peruse several of these books, and they're kind of okay in that blog sort of way. Not F. Scott Fitzgerald by any means, but stick a pretty picture on the cover and you're good to go.

And THEY'RE BEING PAID FOR IT.

I could do that.

Now, I realize that most of these people are so popular that they have to disable comments because everyone cares so much about their lives. If I disabled commenting, my mom would have to call upstairs to tell me what she thought (which she does anyway because she never remembers her password), and Mickey would have to call me, but still.

Tuition's due, and I'm looking for anything slightly more respectable than prostitution. Not much, I'd strip if I thought anyone wanted to see it. But it's been a long summer of concrete mixers, so I'm thinking not.



I'm off to go see Invasion with Colleen and John, because um, Jeremy Northam and Daniel Craig in the same movie? sign me up I'm really an old sci-fi buff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mickey will always call you.....lol at the concrete mixers....I need to find a concrete mixers support group because we have reached an addiction level......:)