Thursday, April 10, 2008

Barbara Jean? But she seems so nice- she sent me a copy of The Thorn Birds!

Okay, so it's not the several thousand dollar scholarship that my sister received, but my envelope from UWM contained what is perhaps more imporant to crazy people than wedding days, births of children, etc.- an academic accolade.

And I love it, I'm showing it to random people, it's hanging on my wall, and I took pictures of it.



(There's a far prettier picture on my harddrive, but it contains my entire name, and the place I am every day, which I'm not quite crazy enough top to put on the internet. So if you really know me, come over and I'll show it to you!!!)

My Lord, can you imagine what I'm going to be like when I have an actual degree??? Dear God, I'm going to have to make it it's own Flickr album. It's going to be all pretty, with "summa cum laude" on it...oh yeah, I figured that no way am I working this hard an not getting the highest section. I can't wait!!! And I dont want to sit there all happy by myself, so Mary, you'd better hurry your ass up and graduate with me!!!

Oooh, also? I didn't fail my horrible environmental science test. I got an A-. With extra credit, I may recapture my elusive 4.0 that was decimated by the chemical issues with the brain and the freaking tides that I still don't understand.

No. I'm not bitter. At all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just so deserve this....and I am sure that 4.0 really isn't so far away and will be back shortly...congrats:):):)

Anonymous said...

Sophmore Honors!!!!!! I'm so impressed!!!!! Congrats!!!!