Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Phantom Baby Returns

*TMI Warning*

I am freaking exhausted, feel like buying pillows, getting a huge pimple on my chin, and just called my parents to make sure that they got me Dannon Activia and CHOCOLATE!!!! when they stopped at the grocery.

(Dear Lord, it's a good thing I don't have a boyfriend, because I'm pretty sure the constant stream of things-he-never-needs-to-know would scare him away. Unless he's gay. In which case I guess it's not an issue.)

Once again, it is a damn good thing I'm not sleeping around, because I would waste so much money on pregnancy tests.




However, I'm pretty sure that the fatigue is from repeatdly getting up at the evil hour ungraced by God that is six o'clock in the morning. The pillows? Well, one of my throw pillows is trashed and I really need a new one what the with the BRAND!NEW!BEDROOM! The pimple is probably because I had two tests today and well, let's just say we're hoping for a curve. Of maybe 20, 30 points. Maybe. That would be nice, is all I'm saying.

THE SCIENCES AND I DO NOT GET ALONG. Never have, never will. And I am hardpressed to understand when, exactly, in my career as a woefully underpaid history professor/kept woman (Really, both involve me rambling about the parts of the world that interest me and getting drunk every night, so it's really a matter of semantics.) I will ever need to know the forumla for determining relative humidity in a 30 degree C vs. 20 degree C environment.

When, I ask you? WHEN!?!?!

*ahem*

Oh, the Activia. I think that may have to do with my diet of Starbucks, concrete mixers, and, well, you heard about the chocolate. I'm just guessing.


Teehee. Derrick sang this entire scene on Sunday. And then he threw me into the counter oven. We are truly model employees.

Also, I have had the 2-disc special edition for a week, and I have yet to watch it. I suck at life.

ETA: A few things have come up.

1.) I am not in a crabby mood. The reason I sounded a little snappish was because I had today all planned out and appropriate studying arranged and then twenty minutes out it was all, "Oh, Dad will pick up Grandpa, you shouldn't drive in the rain," and I don't deal well with change and I DRIVE IN THE RAIN ALL THE TIME HOW DO YOU THINK I GOT HOME I DON'T CROSS MY ARMS AND BLINK LIKE JEANNIE. *ahem* This is why I will still have this hairstyle in my fifties. And then? When you were hem-hawing over whether I should go or not? I was taking a timed online test with the famously unreliable network connection here in the Bermuda Triangle, which rendered me slightly distracted. It's raining and my hair is working. I'm happy! :D

2.) Starbucks has new cups. Not to sound crabby or anything, but I. Don't. Like. Them. They aren't a comforting shade of cream, they're a glaring, industrial white. And the fun little "The Way I See It #15, 375" has been replaced with a fat naked mermaid and frankly I don't ever really want to see some hybrid freak's un-braed boobs, but I really, REALLY don't want to see them while I'm trying to enjoy my venti nonfat white chocolate mocha without whipped cream.

*le sigh*

Why does nothing stay the same???

2 comments:

CMT said...

Yes, the cups are unacceptable.

Anonymous said...

you are so funny:):):) I must admit that I enjoy what is in the cups and I don't know what the old ones looked like....